The Nature and Mission of the Church: An Indian Perspective

  • H.E Geevarghese Mor Coorilos
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2009
      The Nature and Mission of the Church: An Indian Perspective
      H.E Geevarghese Mor Coorilos

      Let me, at the very outset, greet you in the most precious name of the Holy Trinity.

      I also greet you on behalf of the Commission on World Mission and Evangelism (CWME) and I should like to express my deep sense of gratitude to the Moderator of Faith and Order Commission, His Eminence Metropolitan Dr. Vasilios and to the Rev. Cannon John Gibaut, its Director for their kind invitation to be part of this meeting of the Plenary Commission. It is matter of immense satisfaction that the CWME and the Faith and Order, two of the foundational pillars of the World Council of Churches, have now entered into a period of collaborative work, which I hope will continue in the coming years.

      I have been asked to make a brief response to the document "The Nature and Mission of the Church", neither from the perspective of the CWME1, nor from my confessional perspective which is Orthodox, but from my regional contextual perspective which is Indian.

      To read more:- http://www.socdigest.org/articles/03oct09.html