His Holiness received a delegation from the Syriac Orthodox faithful of Bahrain

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2009
      His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas received a pilgrim group from the St. Peter's Jacobite Syriac Orthodox Church, Bahrain, at monastery of St. Ephrem the Syriac at Mara'at Syednaya, Damascus, Syria. The pilgrim group was led by the Church Vicar Fr. Paul Mathew and was received at Damascus airport by the Patriarchal Vicar for Qatar and Bahrain His Eminence Mor Athanasius Geevarghese.

      His Holiness give them paternal directives and urged them to persevere in prayer and love of God and neighbor, and blessed them and their parish priest Father Paul Mathew, for their efforts for the construction of a new church in Manama, Bahrain.

      Photos:
      http://socmnet.org/News_Bahrain_Deligation_HH_2009.htm

      SOCM News Bureau - Damascus