Encyclical from His Beatitude on Mr. Eldhose's excommunication

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2009
      The Patriarch of Antioch and all the East His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, in his capacity as the Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church, and according to the spiritual powers vested with His Holiness, expelled Fr. Eldhose Koungumpillil, stripped off from the Holy Priesthood and excommunicated from the Universal Syrian Orthodox church, through the Apostolic Bull E 156/09 dated 29 September, 2009 for violating the directions of his spiritual authorities.

      His Beatitude Baselius Thomas I, the Catholicose of India, also issued an Encyclical informing our churches in Malankara about Mr. Eldhose's excommunication and directed the members not to allow him to enter into any of our churches at any time in future. The Bull is avilable in SOCMNet.org on following URL:

      http://socmnet.org/Resource_Encyclicals_HB_FrEldhoseKoungampillil_excommunication.htm