ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CHURCHES

  • Boby George Paul
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2009
      During meetings of the HEADS of ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CHURCHES hosted by our HOLY FATHER why all the ORIENTAL ORTHODOX HEADS are not being invited. To the best of my knoledge only the following were invited 1. SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH 2.COPTIC ORTHODOX CHURCH 3 ARMENIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH. I think this is because we have holy communion only with these churches. Ethiopian and Erithrean Churches are descenders or departed from the original Churches

      BG PAUL
      ID4199
    • Georgy Thomas
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2009
        I do agree with Mr. Aji. Few more clergy same as Eldo (UK) is still in our Church. The authority must list them as early as possible and remove them from our Church. Most of them are outside Kerala . Let them go to their devalokam godfathers. Why our poor people should feed these fence sitters. Those who are not in obedience to the Holy Synod must be removed regardless of their glorious past.

        I thank the moderators of the forum and editors of MSV for publishing all disciplinary action documents in the site. Else we the laymen will be in the dark and may fell in the traps of these people.

        Regards
        Georgy Thomas
        3958

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Aji Thomas David wrote:

        > Dear Mr. Mathew
        >
        > The ground reality is differing from this. Both IOC and SOC in Malankara having 99% full communion.
        >
        > Both accept the Baptism of both churches (In 70ees this was different and I am one of the victim of it. My sister was re-baptized by the IOC bishop during her marriage). Fortunately or unfortunately it is not happening nowadays.

      • Michael Poe
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
          Dear brother in Christ,

          All of the Oriental Orthodox churches are in complete union with one-another.They constitute the Syrian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Eretrian Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, and the Malankara Orthodox Syrian church. They all are equel and are one in there pure Orthodox faith and truth.

          Your brother in Christ,
          Michael.
          From the desk of moderators

          Holy Syrian (Syriac) Orthodox Church is not in communion with Malankara Orthodox Syrian church at this time
        • Mathew G M
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
            Dear BG Paul,
            The meeting that you are referring to is the Middle Eastern Council of Churches to which only the Coptic Orthodox and Armenian Orthodox attended. The Ethiopian and Eritrean churches are African churches and not Middle Eastern churches and naturally they were not there.

            Ethipian or Eritrean churches has not introduced any heretical teachings and the Syriac Orthodox Church is in FULL communion with these churches. Our clergy including Bishops co-celeberate the divine liturgy with these churches. So please dont make such claim about sister churches.

            In Christ,
            Mathew G M
            # 0929

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Boby George Paul wrote:

            > During meetings of the HEADS of ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CHURCHES hosted by our HOLY FATHER why all the ORIENTAL ORTHODOX HEADS are not being invited. To the best of my knoledge only the following were invited 1. SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH 2.COPTIC ORTHODOX CHURCH 3 ARMENIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH. I think this is because we have holy communion only with these churches. Ethiopian and Erithrean Churches are descenders or departed from the original Churches
          • Aji Thomas David
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
              Dear Mr. Paul

              The meeting you referring may be a meeting of Middle East OO church, more details of such meetings please refer the following link

              The tenth meeting of the heads of the oriental orthodox churches in the middle east
              http://www.socmnet.org/Resource_OO_Common_Decleration_Syria_2007.htm
              Common declaration of these meetings are available in SOCMNET
              http://www.socmnet.org/Resource.htm

              Our Church is fully communion with Ethiopian and Eritrean churches and our prelates do concelebrate Sacraments. Please refer the following old messages in this forum
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/7764

              In Christ
              Aji Thomas David
              ID - 4088