Distortion of Facts, An IOCian Way

  • Paul Joshy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2009
      Dear All,

      Ever since the origin IOC in 1912 they have tried to distort history in a wrong way to suit their narrow aims. This was started with the then Patron of Manorama Maman Mappilai, followed by Z M Paret, and has been continuing with current his-torians like M Kurian Thomas, Cheeranachan, Fr. Dr. M O. John of Malankra Sabha Deepan and so on. They have spend their mind and body not for writing Orthodoxy or the Throne of St. Thomas, rather they used their energy for deriding St. Peter and his Throne of Antioch in a whimsical way. Now one more fellow has been joined in that group, who is also a regular contributor to this forum, Mr. Sajay Thannikottu, Katmandhu.

      Sajay Thannikottu has written a message in an IOC forum , on Petrine
      Supremacy in which he mentioned the discussion that happened in this
      forum about the role of St. Peter in the Christendom by leading luminaries of Syrian Church today including H G Divannasios of Majinikara and Mr. Sajay also. But when he wrote about it in the IOC forum(3611) he viciously distorted the facts and said:

      Quote: “Recently when I came across a discussion in another forum about this same topic (Petrine Supremacy), I found a new derivation to St.Peter's position. They claimed, it was St.Peter who ordained/ appointed all other apostles and send them to different places. Initially I was surprised with this new piece of information which I never noticed prior to reading this above mentioned message. After reading any messages from this person I came to a conclusion that this person is highly influenced by Vatican doctrines, which are not accepted by Orthodox Churches. It was Roman Catholic Church who came with such doctrine to claim superiority over other churches. According to reports once RC Pope even claimed RC church as the one and only one true Apostolic church. In order to support this claim RC continue to play different tactics.” Unquote.

      In fact, in SOCM form none of us have said “St.Peter who ordained/ appointed all other apostles and send them to different places”, while declared that it was Jesus Christ chosen all Apostles and after His death the Holy Spirit send all Apostles to different parts of the world including St. Thomas to India to preach Christianity. Similarly, it was St. Peter who presided the meeting to select St. Matthias as the 12th Apostle in place of Judas who was also chosen by the Holy Spirit, but St. Peter just declared it. And St. Peter gave the introductory speech in the fist Holy Synod held in Jerusalem
      presided by St. James. Only these facts were discussed in the SOCM forum but when it was interpreted in the IOC forum Mr. Sajay tried to negate the facts and put it in a wrong way. This is the true color of IOCians. I do believe the common IOC people have been made as deaf and dump by this way of mis-interpretion of history for the past 100 years by the so called protectors of Devalokam Catholica. Let us sincerely pray for the common IOC people to save them from such treacherous propaganda by their leaders.

      Ammen.
      J. M. Paul
      ID # 1040
    • Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2009
        Dear Mr. Paul

        As you said, if SOC believes in "it was Jesus Christ chosen all Apostles and after His death the Holy Spirit send all Apostles to different parts of the world including St. Thomas to India to preach Christianity", I don't think there is any difference in opinion. Whereas my understanding was in a different way while reading many messages in this forum & I think I used same words in SOCM also in one of my earlier posting. I am sorry for any misunderstanding.

        I already attended other points which you mentioned with biblical references.

        Thank you

        Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
        # 2912