Re: Head Of The Universal Church

  • Mathew
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
      Dear Geogy,
      Are we really ready to accept the Indian Orthodox Church in full communion. Two churches in full communion and two sister churches are not the same thing. We can say for example the Marthoma Church and the Jacobite Churches are sister churches, but we were not in full communion.

      Two churches in full communion means, all the sacraments (koodasha's) administered by one church is acceptable to the other church. All the saints of one church is accepted as a saint by the other church as well.

      We have no issues with the Marthoma Church, but we don't consider all their sacraments at the same exact level of our sacraments.

      If our difference with the IOC is only about property, then let us clearly state that. What we see is a lot of people say that IOC does not have priesthood, their sacraments are not valid etc. So how can we be in fully communion with a church if we believe that they dont have priesthood and their sacraments are not valid.

      I see a lot of move towards UNITY. It would be great if we can work towards restoring full communion. Then we can talk about UNITY to parting ways peacefully.

      In Christ,
      Mathew.
      0929