Reply to Mr. Mathew G.M.- Head of the Universal Church

  • Leena Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Dear Mr.Mathew G. M,

      I would like to address your posting addressed to me.

      QUOTE-1: IN YOUR MESSAGE YOU SAY THAT THE JURISDICTION ROMAN CATHOLIC POPE IN EARLY CHRISTIAN ERA WAS CONFINED TO THE THEN ROMAN EMPIRE. THE FACT IS AT THOSE TIMES BOTH ANTIOCH AND ALEXANDRIA WERE PART OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. SO THE POPE OF ROME FOR SURE DIDN'T HAVE JURISDICTION OVER THE ENTIRE ROMAN EMPRIRE.

      Response: Please see the underlined potion below.

      Pope of the Roman Catholic Church (i.e. as the name indicates the jurisdiction Roman Catholic Pope in early Christian era was confined to the then Roman Empire. Probably this may cover the entire present Europe.)

      QUOTE-2: IN YOUR MESSAGE YOU SAY HOW THE THREE SEES, INCLUDINNG THE SEE OF MARK IN ALEXANDRIA WAS ESTABLISHED BY ST. PETER.

      NOW WITH IN THE ORIENTAL ORTHODOX COMMUNION, THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IS IN FULL COMMUNION WITH THE ARMENIAN ORTHODOX UNDER THE ARMENIAN CATHOLICOSE AND THE ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX UNDER THE ETHIOPIAN PATRAIRCH. SO WOULD IT BE FAIR TO SAY THAT THE SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH
      DOES RECOGNIZE AND HAS FULL COMMUNION WITH PATRIARCHATES THAT WERE NOT
      ESTABLISHED BY ST. PETER ?

      Response: Rev Fr. George Vayaliparambil in his previous message has mentioned that He will be writing about the Oriental Churches. That is the reason why I didn't touch that topic.

      He is the authorized and Scholarly person to answer your questions. So let us wait for his posting.

      QUOTE-3: SO IN AN IDEAL WORLD CAN'T THE SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH HAVE THE SAME RELATIONSHIP OR EVEN A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE INDIAN ORTHODOX CATHOLICATE THAT THE SOC CURRENTLY HAS WITH THE ETHIOPIAN PATRIARCAHTE? CAN WE GET THERE?

      Response:
      Please read my posting in SOCM form on 30-9-09, Item No.3, with the Title: Reply to Mr. Rinu Sam' Moran Yeshu M'SHIHA.

      Besides, you may refer the posting which appeared in SOCM form on 1-10-09, Item No. 8, FLASH NEWS - Ernakulam District Court dismissed the injection petition
      Posted by:
      SOCM News Bureau

      Dear All,

      Ernakulam District Court today dismissed the injection petition filed by "Metran Kakshi" to prevent our beloved Catholicose H.B. Aboon Mor
      Baselious Thomas I from entering Kothamangalam Marthoman Cheria Pally and conducting any spiritual activities in connection with the Dhukrono feast of Saint Baselious Eldho Bava.

      The Court also rejected their request to appoint a commission.

      SOCM News Bureau - Ernakulam

      "BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS: FOR THEY SHALL BE CALLED THE CHILDREN OF
      GOD." ST. MATTHEW 5:9

      I think you should spend some time to post the above in IOC Forum also.

      With Prayers,
      Leena.