Re: Kingdom Of God

  • Leena Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      Dear Mr. Rinu Sam,

      Kingdom of God is in Heaven as Jesus told us. It is His dwelling
      place.

      ANGELS- Our Holy Church teaches us that there are nine
      groups of angels (countless in number) who praise and worship our Lord all the time in Heaven.

      Seraphim- Isaiah 6:2-6
      Cherubim- Gen3:24; Ps18:10
      Thrones- Colos 1:16; 1 Pet. 3:22
      Primacies- Eph 1:21; Col. 1:16
      Powers- 1Pet 3:22
      Principalities- Eph 1:21; Col.1: 16
      Dominions- Ps 103:20;Eph 1:21
      Archangels- Luke1:19;Dan10:13
      Angels- Heb1:13-14

      Prophet Isaiah explains us what he saw; which we sing in our
      Holy Qurbana. (Isa 6:1-8)
      (Srappikale kandeshaya.)

      God created man to live in complete communion with God. But
      he fell. Despite, even after his fall due to God's abundant love towards men, He sent His only Begotten Son to earth to save us. Our Lord came in search of sinners. He suffered, died, buried, resurrected and ascended to Heaven. He is sitting on the right hand side of Father interceding for us continuously.

      Let me quote what Jesus said on earth, as reference of the book of St. Mathew:

      5:17- Do not think that I have come to do away or undo the Law or the
      prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them.

      5:18 - For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, neither one smallest letter nor one little hook (hook identify certain Hebrew letters) will pass from the Law until all things are accomplished.

      5:19 - Whoever then breaks or does away with or relaxes one of the
      least important of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least important in the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who practices them and teaches others to do so shall be called great in the Kingdom
      of Heaven.

      Then Jesus said as per John 14:26- But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit,
      Whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall everything I have told you.

      From the above verses, we know that if we have Holy Spirit, He will
      remind us everything Jesus asked us to do; so that we will be able to be prepared to go with Jesus in His dwelling place when He comes to add the Holy church. First He came in search of sinners. But His second coming will be to add only the holy ones because He is Holy and His dwelling place is Holy too. So He can take only holy ones there. If we obey Jesus words we will become Holy. Holy Spirit is not against Jesus and fruits of Holy Spirit are not superseding GOD new COVENANT.

      Jesus is repeatedly EMPHASIZING it. Please refer the book of St. John:

      6:53- Jesus said to them, I am telling you the truth: if you do not eat the flesh of Son of Man and drink His Blood, you will not have
      life in yourselves.

      6:54- Whoever eats My Flesh and drinks my Blood has eternal life, and I will raise him to life on the last day.

      6:55- For my Flesh is the real food; my Blood is the real drink.

      6:56- Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks My Blood lives in Me,
      and I live in him.

      Jesus said it so clearly that we cannot reach the Kingdom of God without eating His Flesh and without drinking His Blood. This is GOD's new COVENANT. The term Covent stands for Agreement / Contract / Treaty, but is a MANDATORY CLAUSE to go to Heaven. But you are just quoting what St. Paul has said (Romans 14:17) on a specific occasion, for a specific purpose addressing a specific people. You may please refer my previous posting on this topic once again.

      Then you wrote in your letter: This forum should discuss matters
      healthy for soul. Mr. Rinu do you think what you wrote below in your various postings are matters healthy for soul? It is simply
      irritating Syrian Orthodox Christians.

      QUOTES:-

      (1) THE EXCOMMUNICATION OF IOC SYNOD IS DONE BY THE H.H PATRIARCH AND WE LEAVE THAT TO HIM OR TO HIS SUCCESSOR AND LAITY SHOULD NOT DRAG THE ISSUE TO THIS FORUM OR INTERPRET IT ANOTHER WAY.

      (2) THERE IS NO SPECIAL AUTHORITY GIVEN TO ST.PETER BY JESUS CHRIST.

      (3) "FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT A MATTER OF EATING AND DRINKING BUT RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN HOLY SPIRIT."

      (4)YOU WROTE ABOUT HOLY QURBANA AND DO YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE AFTER PARTAKING/RECEIVING HOLY QURBANA THE SAME DAY ATTACK VERBALLY THE PARISH PRIESTS OR SAME DAY BEHAVE VERY BADLY TO OTHER FELLOW HUMANBEINGS OR ATTACK THEM VERBALLY. EVEN IN PARSH COMMITTEE
      MEETINGS THEY ATTACK/ ABUSE EACH OTHER.

      UNQUOTE:-

      I am sorry Mr. Rinu. I believe fully that our faith is the true faith. I respect our HH Patriarch, Our Catholicose, all our Thirumenies, Priests, Decons, and Nuns. If anyone tries to tarnish our faith and our clergies, whoever he/she is and in whatever circumstance, I cannot keep quiet. I am sorry.

      With Prayers,
      Leena.