Farewell to Fr.Reji Paul from Dubai Church (MAR IGNATIOUS JACOBITE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL)

  • Benny
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009
      Dear All.

      Farewell to Fr.Reji Paul from Dubai after completion of his 2 yrs
      service ( 02 10 2009).

      There is really sadness in most of the members in our congregation in
      Dubai(Mar Ignatious Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral,). H/ever we
      will satisfy ourselves that these all are God's plan and Let the will
      of God happen.

      Would like to point out following few instances to my fellow brothers & sisters in this group with regards to the dedication of Father Reji Paul to our Church.(V.few instances)

      1. He who tried his level best to make us understand each
      things/symbols used in the Holy Qurbana and its significances . Also,
      how a normal person has to react/behave in the church during Holy
      Qurbana.

      2. He who proclaimed himself as " Suviseshathinte Dasan ' , This
      was really new to us , but understood once we participated in his
      "Dhayanam" in various occasions.

      3. In the Friday(Sunday) preaches with regards to the
      "Evengelioun", He speaks vividly only on this in the MADBAHA and not
      any other subject ( All these miscellaneous day to day aspects, was
      being addressed while he stands near the Table (down side)

      4. Once , Fr.Reji Paul started explaining about the healing of
      the Blind from the Holy Bible ( St.John Chapter 9 )..,We had been
      listening it in a usual manner, but once the real essence of it
      explained to us. Let us see...what has happened to the vision of the
      Blind after once Jesus Christ healed him ..See the difference of
      changes in the vision of the Blind and the Pharisees in the verses. The vision of the blind on each time went up considering Jesus Christ as a "MAN" , then "PROPHET" & lastly"LORD" where as the vision of the Pharisees went down by considering Jesus Christ as "Man", then a " Sinner".

      In detail

      Question to the blind after healing.(Question 1)

      "How then were your eyes opened?" they demanded.

      11 He replied, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my
      eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and
      then I could see."

      Question to the blind after healing. (Question 2)

      17 Finally they (Pharisees) turned again to the blind man, "What have you
      to say about him? It was your eyes he opened."
      The man replied, "He is a prophet."

      Question to the blind after healing. (Question3 )

      Do you believe in the Son of Man?"

      36 "Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in
      him."

      37 Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking
      with you."

      38 Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him

      Answers from the "Pharisees (Ans 1 )

      16 Some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath."

      24A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. "Give glory to God," they said. "We know this man is a sinner."

      We pray ,May Holy Spirit shower Fr.Reji Paul abundance of Grace so that he will be able to preach the Gospels wherever possible.

      PS . Youth Association of our Church have released Two audio CD's of
      Fr.Reji Paul's preaches ..

      Thanks.
      Benny
      Id 4190
    • Mathew Chacko Amprayil
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2009
        Dear All,
        I don't belong to Dubai Mor Ignatius Jacobite Church but took part in Holy Qurbana there sveral times. Each time myself and family returned home with filled heart and spirit. In fact we look eagerly forward to taking part in Holy Qurbana there. I go and pray there whenever I pass through the area mostly weekdays around 10 - 11 am.

        I don't know this Achen personally, I have seen him sitting below the steps of north side altar, praying loudly (without knowing my presence far behind church)and silently for the parish, church and the needy - raising both hands, seeking intercession of our Mother St.Mary. All I can say is such priests are a blessing to the parish and the place they live in.God blessed his parents and family with a son like him.

        I don't meant to glorify this priest but I could indeed see in him a relentless effort to grow spiritually. Rest all will fall in place in due course.

        May God Bless us all

        Mathew Chacko Amprayil
        Sharjah
        id#2382