Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1876 , Sep 30, 2009
      "Athanasius, Archbishop of Alexandria, of holy memory, begged Abba Pambo to come down from the desert to Alexandria. He went down, and seeing an actress he began to weep. Those who were present asked him the reason for his tears, and he said, 'Two things make me weep: one, the loss of this woman, and the other, that I am not concerned to please God as she is to please wicked men.' "

      The Paradise of the Fathers.

      "For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy." Psalms 16:10-11
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1876 of 1876 , May 18 5:34 PM
        Rejoice! Christ is Risen!

        "I have always something to repent for after having talked, but have never been sorry for having been silent."

        St. Arsanius, The Tutor Of the Emperor's Children.

        "I cry out with my whole heart; Hear me, O Lord! I will keep Your statutes."  Psalm 119:145

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Bashans, May 19, is:
        22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24 Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them. (John 17:22-26)
        Martyrdom of St. Theoclia, the wife of St. Justus.
        Departure of St. Paphnotius (St. Paphnuti), the Bishop.

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Bashans, May 20, is: John 14:1-11
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the church of St. Demiana.
        Commemoration of the Relocation of the relics of St. John Chrysostom.
        Commemoration of the Appearance of a Cross of light above Golgotha.
        Departure of Pope Mark the Seventh, 106th. Patriarch of Alexandria.
        Commemoration of the Martyrdom of Master (Moallem) Malati.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Bashans, May 21, is: John 14:1-11
        Departure Of St. Arsanius The Tutor Of the Emperor's Children.

        Prayer Requests:

        Anthony C. - Heart surgery next week (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness