In Pursuit of Knowledge.

  • C Devidasan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009
      Dear Moderators,

      If found worthy, please publish it in our Forum.

      Best Regards,
      C Devidasan
      Member ID 975

      In pursuit of Knowledge

      I sat in my study pondering; where does the knowledge comes from? Where is it stored?

      I tried to look for it in Einstein's brain specimen; but all I could see was mutilated tissues. E=mc squared was not to be seen anywhere. Then I tried to cut open the piano of Beethoven�in an attempt to see his greatest compositions; but all I could see was the destroyed�instrument. As the dusk dawned in my backyard, I�heard the Cuckoo singing from the bloomed mango tree and in a desperate attempt trapped it to find out the mesmerizing ragas it sang; but all I could find was a frail lump in its throat. I searched all the libraries and devoured volumes after volumes; but all I could find was the neatly printed lines in them......no trail of knowledge. Then I saw a pair of peacocks dancing to the rhythm of the rain droplets and decided to corner them; but could not find dancing talent they displayed. Instead two lifeless legs looked back at me.

      I felt miserable--Where does the knowledge comes from? There has to be a place where it has been stored in abundance!!

      I searched in scriptures, turned to seers and knowledgeable and finally saw a love smitten Rukmini talking to the Flute handsome Krishna had left on the river bank of Yamuna as he was taking a bath.

      "O Flute, I am envious of you?  You are always on the person of my beloved. I wish I were as knowledgeable and talented as you are in singing so that I too could be with my beloved always!

      Dear Rukmini, look at me; I am just a hollow pipe, there is nothing in it neither knowledge nor talent. All I know is when I try to sing, I see that it keeps coming to me. May be it is His wish.

      Well, finally, I had the answer. As when one continues to try, Knowledge, Talent, efficiency, ability and competency keep coming to him. From where? From UNKNOWN!!

      May be that is His way of rewarding the efforts. Who knows?

      Happy Dhussera.

      Love,
      Devi.