FLASH NEWS - FR ELDOSE KAUNGAMPILLIL, U.K. IS STRIPPED OFF FROM PRIESTHOOD

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2009
      Dear Members,

      It is with great regret we would like to inform you that Fr. Eldhose Kaungampillil, who was acting as priest in UK Syrian Orthodox Churches, is now stripped off from the Holy priesthood and excommunicated from our Church. The Patriarch H.H. Ignatius Zakka I Iwas issued the Bull in this effect, which can be read in the following link:

      http://socmnet.org/Resource_Apostolicbulls_Patriarch_E156_09.htm

      Please pray for the repentence of Mr. Eldhose and for his submission to the heirarchy.

      SOCM FORUM MODERATORS.
    • Georgy Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
        Dear moderator

        It is a sad news that Mr. Koungumpillil (former Fr. Eldhose Koungumpillil) is stripped off from the Holy Priesthood, and excommunicated from the Universal Syrian Orthodox church by H.H. Patriarch for violating the directions of the Patriarchal vicar of the U.K. However, as a Jacobite, I believe that achens of any diocese are duty bound to follow the directions/orders of their Patriarchal vicar, and the directions/orders of the Patriarchal vicar must be considered as orders from H.H. The Patriarch.

        However, when I compare UK with USA, I think Mr Koungumpillil made a poor choice to stay in U.K.!! If he was living here in the U.S., this may not even happen. He will have the full support of the prominent Achens, who are able to pressurize the Patriarchal Vicar for everything. Here in the American Archdiocese, another diocese under the Holy Throne, violating the directions of the Patriarchal vicar will not bring you a problem. You may even be rewarded for the same...!!

        Because of the pressure tactics from the same 'prominent achans', this disobedient priest may even get a reward for all his violations and disobedience. "A SEPARATE CHURCH FOR HIM AND FOR HIS RELATIVES!!!!" How funny the things changes from one country to another country!!

        Regards
        Georgy