Rahasyam Rahasyam Udayonaruli...............

  • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2009
      Dear Dr Leena and all

      "Transubstantiation: The belief of Orthodox Churches and Catholic Church that during Holy Qurbana / Holy Communion/ Eucharist, the consecrated Bread and Wine transform to the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.

      We SOC belief in Transubstantiation. You can verify it any SOC Priests or Metropolitans. "

      As Dr Leena mentioned the Orthodox Churches uses the term "Transubstanciation" to mention the change bread and wine in to the Holy Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. But some times we orthodox and cathelic uses it in different perspectives. Catholic Church some times uses this term to say that there happens the substance change in the consecration of Body and Blood. But We SOC wont believe in the substance change of wheat into flesh. More than transubstanciation we use the term 'Rosaly' /'Roso' which means mystery. In effect what we catholic and Orthodox says is same. It is a mistery we cant proove it scientificaly. We cant check blood group. But for after the consecration there is only Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.

      "Agnimayanmaar Aare Nokki Viracheedunnu Avane measayil Appam veenjaay Neekaanunnu......................

      We recieve/ view the Triune Almighty God in the consecrated Holy Qurbono. It is a mistery and is beyond the human perception.

      With Love and prayer
      Fr George Vayaliparambil