Reply to Mr. Ronnie for Petrine Supremacy

  • Leena Mathew
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2009
      Dear Ronnie Daniel,

      A Christian shouldn't claim more intelligent than Jesus Christ. Do you mean to say that Jesus couldn't understand the person in St. Peter? The God who chose Prophet Jeremiah said to him - I chose you, before I gave you life, and before you were born, I selected you to be a prophet to the nations.(Jeremiah 1:5).

      St. Peter's brother Andrew brought St. Peter to Jesus Christ. Here we can see the same God, in the first sight itself,  said to St. Peter (John 1: 42) - Your name is Simon son of John, but you will be called Cephas.(This is the same as Peter and means rock.). As our Thirumeni His Grace Mor Dionasius Geevarghese mentioned in his message - Petros in Greek means a piece of Rock and Petra means a big Rock. The actual Rock is Mashiha. But every one from our Supreme leader to the last member of our Church is sure that this piece of rock that Jesus has chosen will never become like swift sand because our Lord said it. The meaning of the word Simon is clay. Clay is a malleable material and will easily dissolve in water, where as Rock is a hard and ductile material that is used for the foundation of buildings. God who is the Creator of the entire universe, by the power of his CREATIVE words (Genesis 1) know very well the application word � ROCK"� when he addressed Simon. We believe it. God has given free will to every human beings. So it is each ones discretion to believe Jesus word. If anyone feels the other way round, he/she has the full freedom to do so. But we have one humble request to  St. Peter bashers PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE.

      With Prayers,

      Leena.
      4136
    • Jaison Puthenpurayil
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2009
        Dear Forum members

        Regarding the Supemacy of St.Peter IOC never accepts. It is the dirty
        game by IOC.

        I had seen an article about St.Peter in the Kolo Suryoyo Internet
        Magazine .

        Go to Page no.3 ,there is an article by Suresh John Kaipallil

        See the link given below.

        http://www.syrianchurch.org/kolosuryoyo/Jun09.pdf

        Also see the link in Wikipedia regarding the primacy

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriac_Orthodox_Church

        Regards

        Jaison Kuwait
        2376