SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 27

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 27

      New Bishops Consecrated

      Approved by the Patriarch, Mor Baselios Augen I consecrated Fr K
      Philipose, Malpan Fr N A Yuhannan and Fr Thomas at Kolenchery in the
      titles – Mor Theophilos, Mor Severios and Mor Thimotheus
      respectively. It is with deep regret that we record here that it was
      later found that the Amologia was tampered with- they had deleted the
      words " Under the jurisdiction of the Holy See of Antioch" and some
      other important portions! Whose wily brains did this is still a
      mystery! Ah insincerity of the Shepherds to eyewash a sincere,
      innocent flock!

      Page 219

      The Catholicos' Letters -again
      In the letter of November 7, 1966 conveying the sad news of the
      demise of Mor Gregorios (Vayaliparambil) Metrapolitan , the
      Catholicos " after kissing the hand of the Holy Father" expressed his
      gratitude in providing everything for the delegation during their
      stay in Damascus and at other places; " Your Holiness and the people
      there, lavishly spent for the success of their tour. Merciful Moran,
      how can we forget your true love? I am certain, that the love Your
      Holiness evinced in taking the bold step for reconciliation and also
      the love and mercy, which are being showered on us, Your Holiness'
      spiritual sons would never be forgotten".

      Mor Baselios Augen Catholicos and his Metrapolitans, with the
      permission and blessings of the Moran Patriarch consecrated Mooron on
      21-12-1967 at the Old Seminary, Kottayam.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21 9:09 AM
        Dear all
        regards