SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 26

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 26

      Page 217

      A Loyal Catholicos under a Loving Patriarch

      Catholicos Augen I , reputed scholar in Syriac and in the history of
      the Church and its doctrines, had been fully aware of the Supreme
      Authority of the throne of Antioch over the Catholicate and
      subsequent Maphrianate, clearly and unambiguously recorded by Mor
      Gregorios Bar Hebraeus , the renowned Scholar Maphrian of the East.
      Augen I's letter to Moran Patriarch YakubIII in 1965 and 1966 reveal
      his humility and submissiveness to the Holy Throne.

      In his letter of 18-5-1965 he addresses the Holy Father as " our
      Holy Father, reigning upon the Holy Throne of St Peter, glorious and
      renowned High Priest" etc and wrote " Your Holiness is aware that I
      am weak and I lack learning; the world is crooked and perverse and in
      the matter of administration I am too weak". After requesting prayers
      and blessing he subscribes himself as " Your Holiness' disciple
      (Thalmid Koon in Syriac and Shishyan in Malayalam).

      In his letter of 25-6-1965 also the Catholicos requests the
      permission of His Holiness in the matter of mitigating the severity
      of the long lent, saying, " The Synod prays for your Holiness's
      permission". Here he subscribes himself as "your servant"
      (M'Shamshokoon in Syriac and Sushrushakan in Malayalam). This was
      produced as an exhibit in Samudaya Case of 1977.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all
        regards