Re: Peter's Primacy

  • Leena Mathew
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
      Dear Rinu Sam,

      This is my response to your letter addressed to the moderator.

      (1) HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE TIME OF TRANSFIGURATION JESUS DID NOT CALL SIMONPETER AS KEPHA.PETER' S DECLARATION ABOUT JESUS AS CHRIST THE MESSIAH WAS SIX DAYS BEFORE TRANSFIGURATION AND AT THE SAME TIME IMMEDIATELY AFTER HIS DECLARATION (SON OF LIVING GOD)JESUS TOLD PETER "GET AWAY FROM ME, SATAN"...... ....BECAUSE THESE THOUGHTS OF YOURS DON'T COME FROM GOD BUT FROM MAN.(MATHEW 16:23)

      Mathew 16:15-18. Please read this carefully. 16:18 After finishing this dialogue in this matter Jesus explains to St. Peter how Jesus is going to suffer, die, and resurrect on the third day. Then St. Peter replied to Jesus that this shouldn't happen to Jesus. What you wrote here is the reply of Jesus for that. Mathew 16:21-23. Please read this carefully

      (2)IT IS THE FAITH CONFESSED BY PETER" ROCK" ON THE FAITH OF PETER JESUS BUILT HIS CHURCH

      I think I have made it very clear in my previous reply.

      (3) PETER JAMES AND JOHN WERE CALLED PILLARS OF CHURCH. THEY WERE ALSO CALLED THE LEADERS OF CHURCH(GALATIAN2: 9).

      No one is denying this. This church is grown by the hard work of all the Apostles, our forefathers and many others. In fact, by the blood of many.

      (4)THE CORNERSTONE BEING CHRIST JESUS AND THE FOUNDATION LAID BY APOSTLES AND PROPHETS THE CHURCH WAS BUILT(EPHES2: 20-21).

      Jesus Christ is the cornerstone. Jesus was kind enough to St. Peter to share that Stone with him. That is the grace given to St. Peter by Jesus. His Grace is given to those whom He wants, as a gift. Other Apostles co operated with him to built.

      (5)THE AUTHORITY JESUS GAVE HIS APOSTLES/DISCIPLES WELL DESCRIBED IN MATHEW28:19- 20.THIS IS HOW CHURCH WAS FORMED AFTER THE RESUURECTION JESUS CHRIST.

      Yes not only St. Peter, but also all the disciples were asked to spread the Gospel. They worked together accepting St. Peter as their leader. I think I have explained it in my previous answer.

      (6) AUTHORITY AND POSITION ARE TWO DIFFERENT ASPECTS. PETER WAS THE LEADER OF APOSTLES/DISCIPLES. I AM NOT DENYING HIS POSITION AS THE LEADER OF DISCIPLES.

      Each JOB POSITION� on earth, has two components. First is the AUTHORITY and second is the RESPONSIBILITY which are well defined. Jesus has given St. Peter the AUTHORITY by giving him the keys and in another occasion, given the RESPONSIBILITY of pasturing the SHEEPS. This point is well explained in my previous answer also.

      (7)WHAT LEENA MATHEW WROTE PETER WAS GIVEN AUTHORITY TO GUIDE THE SHEEPS. IF LOOK AT GOSPEL OF ST.JOHN 21:15-19 JESUS CALLED PETER AS SIMON, SON OF JOHN. HE IS NOT CALLED AS KEPHA HERE AND GUIDING THE SHEEPS WAS NOT THE AUTHORITY GIVEN BY JESUS TO PETER. JESUS REINSTATED PETER BECAUSE OF HIS DENIAL BEFORE CRUCIFICATION.

      It is not John 21:15-19. It is John.21:15-17. Well, in John.21:15, the sentence start as - After food Jesus asked Simon Kepha. For that matter, I or no one in this whole wide world will agree that asking  some one to pasture his sheep is not a RESPONSIBILITY, but a process of reinstating! I WONDER!! Shepard takes care of his sheep from predators, guide them to green pastures, and take care of its health.

      (8)I WAS NOT SUPPORTING IOC BUT AS A CHRISTIAN I AM INTERSTED IN PEACE AND UNITY IN THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.

      No one is against peace and unity. But for peace and unity we cannot sacrifice the TRUE FAITH. We cannot sacrifice the TRUE FAITH for any of the material benefits on this earth. For peace and unity we cannot modify, or twist Bible.

      (9)BEACUSE OF THE FEUD IN MALANKARA MANY ORTHODOX/JACOBITE CHRISTIANS LEFT ORTHODXY AND JOINED IN OTHER DENOMINATIONS MY UNRESEVED APOLOGY TO THE MODERATORS FOR ANY CONFUSION.

      People are leaving because they do not know our faith well. We should try to learn our faith in deep. We get the basics from our Sunday schools. Then it is our duty to read and develop it. By God's grace we have many good books written by our clergies. We need not go to anyone else to learn it. We are blessed with many clergies with an exceptionally good knowledge in Bible. Our foolishness is we go to others who twist the Bible for their benefits.

      When we are tempted to go to other denominations, who tells us that we will get buckets (plural) full of worldly benefits if we give them bucket (singular) full of money or gold, we must ask ourselves whether we will get the flesh and blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of our sin and to become oneness with our Savior. Jesus Himself tells as that we have no share with Him if we do not eat His Flesh and drink His Blood. If we are not getting that, we will not go to heaven. Holy Qurbana is not a commemoration just to share bread and wine. If anyone tells that, please ask them to tell how we will get this if holy Qurbana is just for commemoration. If Jesus has asked us to eat His Flesh and drink His Blood, He is responsible to give us. Oh God forgive them for their ignorance.

      With prayers,
      Leena
      4136
    • Rinu Sam
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
        Dear Leena Mathew

        I did not twist biblical quotings or verses.What I stated regarding the Reinstatement Of St. Peter is widely accepted theology by catholics and orthodox Churches.Pasturing sheeps in the ordinary sense is a Job position.Pasturing souls are different from Job position/resposiblilty.When Jesus asked Peter the same question third time ,Peter was hurt.... (John21:17)Why should peter get hurt? Please answer me as Jesus did not make any angry statement.
        In John 10:16 Jesus said:I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen.Imust bring them also.They too will listen to my voice.....
        Please tell me the meaning of this verses as I donot want twist what the Lord said.

        Rinu Sam
        ID#4038