Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1365 , Sep 2, 2009
      "When a person has acquired the habit of detachment , then he is granted access to the sixth stage of contemplation...At this stage one begins to look without passion on the beauty of created things...In this way, the intellect does not go above its true goal out of pride or self-esteem, thinking it understands things merely through its own power of thought; nor does it fall below its true goal, prevented by ignorance from obtaining perfection. It does not veer to the right through rejecting and hating created things, or to the left through mindless affection for them and attachment to them. It does not remain on the near side of its true goal because of its utter ignorance and sloth, nor trespass on its far side, lured by the spirit of meddlesomeness and senseless curiosity that arises from contempt or maliciousness. Rather, it accepts spiritual knowledge with patience, humility and the hope that is born of a deep faith. In this way, through its partial knowledge of things the intell

      ect is led upwards towards divine love. But, even though it possesses some knowledge, it is aware that it is still ignorant; and this awareness keeps it in a state of humility. Thus through persistent hope and faith it reaches its goal, neither hating anything completely as evil, or loving anything beyond measure."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "Honor your father by word and deed, that his blessing may come upon you." Sirach 3:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1365 of 1365 , Apr 14 7:08 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "The believing man is not one who thinks that God can do all things, but one who trusts that he will obtain everything he needs."

           St. John Climacus.

        "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.