Re: Glad Tidings - 'Orthodox-Jacobite United Meeting'

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2009
      Dear All,

      Now-a-days the above subject is getting constant mention in SOCM. It is a fact that absolute unity will defenitely strengthen the body mass. But here lot more questions will be arisen - for WHOM, for WHAT and WHY etc. etc. Man learn from history. History do not make any mistakes, but historians make?

      We all believe that the CHURCH is the BODY and CHRIST is the HEAD. If we all are the ORGANS of that BODY, different organs will have different functions.

      The split in Malankara Church is not a new news to us. Since 16th century we witnessed it in intervals. Every time the Syrian Orthodox stand firm with its commitment to the true faith, and hence we could overcome the difficulties due to these splits. The law of natural justice was applied all those times by mutual consent. But this time that is not happening. By passing of time, always there are people who are willing to sell themselves rewarded for it, and hence we can't move ahead - as Patriarch Abraham (not the HH Patriarch) told once to his nephew Lot that "if you move left, I will move right" "if you move north, I will move to south". The propagators of unification must also remember BABEL, the great fort once the humanity ventured to reach HEAVEN.

      Let us not make a conclusion whether a unity is possible or not. The
      rivalary among the common faithfuls are not at all their among JSC and IOC barring a few pockets. Let us all pray Almighty to grant HUMILITY to the people leading both IOC and JSC.

      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
      # 1012
    • Essahaak
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
        Beloved in Holy Trinity!

        Good...good..good...Bible says you are not suppose to be called Father,as there is only one Father- in Heaven, you are all brothers...

        I am not referring to our spiritual fathers, they were remarkable through their deeds..I do believe in our saints irrespective of prejudice..all Syrian Christian Faith, no all Christian faith belongs to me..Then why you are against Holy Scripture?

        What I understood is all these quarrel, fighting, bloodshed is plainly due to money mongering...think on that..BUT with out money there is no fame!!! ..no body cares you...this is from my bitter experience...but now I am in good position,Gift of my Father in Heaven..so seek his bosom, am sure He will elevate you..

        Kingdom of God is unity in Jesus (Yashu)..Being a strong believer of Syrian Christian Tradition, we are not suppose to be a Judge, if you are pointing our somebody,beware four fingers are against you..LET HIM DECIDE..What is right and wrong....through chivalric nature we can find the beauty, enjoyment of Christian life..Think of our forefathers, saints,martyrs...

        In Jesus Love,
        esahaak(Isaac)
        From the desk of the Moderator: