Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1395 , Aug 31, 2009
      "Christ is not found in the market place or in the city squares, as He could not be found in the market or the squares by her who said, 'I will rise now and go about the city, in the market and in the squares; and I will seek Him Whom my soul loves. I sought Him, but found Him not; I called Him, but He gave no answer.' You see, then, that we should never seek Christ where we will not find Him. Christ is not of the market place, for Christ is peace, while the market is strife; Christ is justice, the market, iniquity; Christ is at work, the market, stupidly idle; Christ is charity, the market, slander; Christ is trust, the market, fraud and faithlessness. Christ is in the Church, in the market place, idols."

      St. Ambrose of Milan.
      "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1395 of 1395 , May 26

        "When you see the cross, know and believe that you are seeing Christ enthroned on it; when you pray before the cross, believe that you are doing so concerning Christ our God and not with inanimate matter. For it is Christ Who receives the veneration you offer before the cross; and it is He Who hears the supplications of your mouth and fulfills the desires of your heart, which you ask with faith. Whoever does not honor the cross, or insults it, insults Christ Himself."

           St. Nerses Shnorhali.

        "Lord, where are Your former lovingkindnesses, Which You swore to David in Your truth?"  Psalm 89:49

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith