Prayer Books & Biographies - English

  • Vineeth John Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2009
      Brothers in Christ,

      Today I was at church, and i saw a book for PROMIYON and SEDHARA . I was just trying to browse through the book. That was a book translated by Catholicose Aougan from Syriac.

      When I saw the index, there were prayers for everything. In the last i saw Intercession prayer for St. Baselious Yeldho also. So I thought I will just read it.

      In the first paragraph itself its telling as Mor Yeldho was ruling in St. Thomas's thrown. And it is starting from there. I was dumb founded.??

      What all things they will write in their prayers!!! And why we need to buy it and have it in our churches.

      We don�t have the correct translation for those?

      I strongly believe that we need all those books to be published from our Church. Younger generation who is outside Kerala doesn't know about our church history, nor our Holy fathers.

      We should get all those things published in English also.

      I urge brothers and sisters of this church to start a movement for this. To protect our church, to learn more about our church, and to teach the coming generation, what we are, and what our Fore fathers are!!

      Thanks and Regards
      Vineeth, Abraham
      4187
    • Dr.George Kunju
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2009
        Dear Moderators,

        I shall be grateful if any one could post 'Ettunuyambu Prayers' for the use in fasting.

        With prayers
        Dr.George Kunju
        ID 0204