Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1416 , Aug 27, 2009
      "A brother whom another brother had wronged came to see Abba Sisoes and said to him: 'My brother has hurt me and I want to avenge myself.' The old man pleaded with him saying, 'No, my child, leave vengeance to God.' He said to him, 'I shall not rest until I have avenged myself,' The old man said, 'Brother, let us pray.' Then the old man stood up and said, 'God, we no longer need You to care for us, since we do justice for ourselves.' Hearing these words, the brother fell at the old man's feet, saying, 'I will no longer seek justice from my brother; forgive me, abba.' "

      From the Desert Fathers.

      "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1416 of 1416 , Jun 24

        An old man once said, "When a man said to his companion, 'Forgive me,' and at the same time humbles himself, the devils are perplexed."

           The Paradise of the Holy Fathers.

        "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."  1 Corinthians 6:20

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith