Re: Glad Tidings - 'Orthodox-Jacobite United Meeting'

  • Vinup Vendrapillil
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19, 2009
      Dear Members,

      Unity is good and nice also. But the past unity and the attempts and those experience shows, the how Malankara Orthodox Church could unite with Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church without accepting the most faith of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church. However we Members of universal Syrian Orthodox Church cannot lose our tradition, faith and the beliefs. Inside these and protecting the above said beliefs we can think of unity.

      And I am sure our church fathers, Aboons, priest and the respected members are well prepared to block if any such wrong incidents like before is going to happen.

      We have reminded one thing in this moment that still Malankara Orthodox Church is in way of cases and attacks while they are in the way of unity talk. Without diverting their way from the cases and attacks no body make unity in the church.

      Let God bless us all.

      Vinup Vendrapillil
      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:

    • Rinu Sam
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2009
        Dear All

        Christ existed before all things, and in Union with him all things have their proper place(colo1:17)He is Head of His Body,The CHURCH
        he is source of the body's life(colo1:18). St. Paul who wrote this epistle claimed he is the SREVANT OF GOD and Church.Again as servant he (st.Paul) urge the church BE ALWAYS HUMBLE,GENTLE AND PATIENT,show your love by being tolerent with one another.......There Is ONE BODY AND ONE SPIRIT,just as there is one hope to which God has Called you......(ephes4:4-6). He appointed Some to be Apostles, others to be prophets, others to evangelists, others to be pastors and teachers(Ephes4:11) Christ rules there above all heavenly rulers,aothorities and power...(Ephes1:21)You, too are Built upon the foundation laid by apostles and prophets The Corner Stone being Christ Jesus himself(ephes2:20)

        Let us build the church as Cornerstone being Jesus Christ and everything belongs to him on this earth. Jesus is the Way, and Life. we follow Jesus and not guided by eartly fathers who are longing for eatrhly power and pleasures. The orthodoxy means true glorification or the right way of Glorification. Now witout JesusChrist There is no peace or true glorification.

        with Prayers
        Rinu Sam
        ID#4038

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Vinup Vendrapillil wrote:

        > Dear Members,
        >
        > Unity is good and nice also. But the past unity and the attempts and those experience shows, the how Malankara Orthodox Church could unite with Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church without accepting the most faith of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church. However we Members of universal Syrian Orthodox Church cannot lose our tradition, faith and the beliefs. Inside these and protecting the above said beliefs we can think of unity.

      • Varghese Abraham
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2009
          Dear members,
          If IOC is dreaming of a 1958 type unity, they are in fool's paradise.Their only agenda is control of all the parish churches. They did not succeed with legal, money and media power.Now they are trying a backdoor method. There had been official talks after 1995 verdict, it failed. If the peace makers are serious and honest, they should first persuade IOC to withdraw all court cases filed against SOC. HH Patriarch had in his kalpana during his second last visit explained very clearly-SOC is willing to accept IOC as a sister church or if they do not want it that way, as another congregation just like JSOC.

          May God bless all
          Varghese Abraham
          ========================
          From the desk of the Moderator:

        • Issac K Joseph
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23, 2009
            I do agree with you all on above Holy words, but those who all quote from Holy Bible, must read the following words also from the same Holy Bible.

            Proverbs 21:9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house

            When Didymus Ist was just Thomas Mar Timotheos, very peacefully settled all the parish issues in a laudable Christian way with our metropolitan Mor Phelaxinose in Malabar diocese. This is the only one diocese has peace in Malankara Church.

            But when Mar Timotheos become Didymus Ist and started to sit on the imaginary Thorne of St. Thomas, he himself changed and started putting signature on documents of the new cases against our Holy Church and its property. Why? Is this is the specialty of Thorne of Saint Thomas? Every peace lovers were expecting something from him, but all lost hope now.

            I think Mar Timotheos was guided by the true Holy spirit, but when Timotheos become Didymus Ist he lost the true holy spirit and started guiding by some other sprit or the poor Didymus Ist is facing the same fate of his preceders.

            When this so called peace movement meeting were going on in Kottayam, Didymus Ist & his party were in the court against our Holy church in Ernakulam.

            How anyone can expect peace from them? NO WAY. Their aim is only to capture more and more hard earned properties of poor Jacobite's.

            DON'T BELIEVE THESE PEACE LOVERS, IT IS A CLEAR TRAP TO CAPTURE OUR HARD EARNED MONEY. THEY DON'T WANT US, THEY ONLY NEED OUR WEALTH. YOU MAY BLINDLY BELIEVE PAKISTANIS, BUT NEVER BELIEVE THESE DEVALOKAM GROUPS.

            So as the Holy Bible says - It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

            In Christ
            Issac K Joseph
            # 0917
          • Geogy Abraham
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
              Very good..Very good, Mr.Issac is correct!!!

              Devalokam (IOC) group is�betrayers..Now there shouldn't be any thought of unification of church in all our belivers..Just pray that the conflict is settled in amicable manner...But the present way which Devalokam group is going is really worrying us..Now they have given case for the implementation of 1934 constitution...I am sure it will not be implemented as we are living in democratic country India...But this church disputes will never end as our Indian Laws is designed in such a manner...Devalokam group is not even ready for the partition of properties .i.e. A majority group (Jacobite or Devalokam) will take the church properties..Partition is the correct step I think�to settle the issues, but these excommunicated and their followers are not ready for it, they need all properties...I am afraid Devalokam group will even make allegation for the throne of HEAVEN...�I am quite sure....

              Regards,
              Geogy
              4186
            • Essahaak
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
                I do not know below mentioned words are true, Living God,The God Israel knows. I am sure He will give reward for all, according to virtue

                "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely", I feel ashamed of such spiritual leaders.Whether it belongs to orthodox or jacobite...

                One Truth is there, Jesus is away from His Doctrine...by birth I feel proud being a Syrian Christian...

                "Paulo's planted and A Paulo's watered...but no Merritt for Paulo's or A Paulo's as God brought up.."

                The Spirit of God, Holy Host may with us and our spiritual leaders to execute His Kingdom.

                With Prayers,
                esahaak

                ========================
                From the desk of the Moderator:

              • Essahaak
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
                  See our God is The ONE Living God,Almighty...I do believe in nyceem creed. But I took pity on such bishop and priest who ware away from Holy faith, we can see such leaders in Old Testament, whom Jesus called "whitewashed tomb..."

                  If you go the chapters of Isaiah....God took Isiah,showed bones and later on gave life to it...that is why Christian life is full of miracles...I am at Almighty to shower His blessings to our leaders with Holy Host so that they can worship Him not material wealth.

                  I am not a Judge to say that Orthodox is wrong and Jacobite is correct...both have their own frailties...But my humble request is not affect these matters to the Unity of our Syrian christian True Faith....I sure if these people do not understand these matters.HE will come and make them understand.

                  Love in The Holy Trinity,

                  esahaak.

                  From the desk of the Moderator: