Symbolims of Shlemoon thann-urumalum

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2009
      In our intercessory prayers (Madhyastha Prarthana) to St. Mary we sing:

      Manna nikshepitha cheppum
      Aharon than kilurtha vadiym
      Ulkkondoru niyamappetti
      Shlemoon thann-urumalumiva
      Nin saamiyam daivajanaee

      You can listen to it at:
      http://www.knanaya.org.uk/songs/17manna.mp3

      I understand the symbolisms of `Pot of Manna', `Rod of Aaron' and `The Ark' , however I didn't get the symbolism of Shlemoon thann-urumal. Does Shlemoon thann-urumal mean Solomon's handkerchief ? If so what is the symbolism to St. Mary ?

      The following website from the Coptic church was very helpful for me to understand the various symbolisms of St. Mary.

      http://tinyurl.com/nxp9nj

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      # 0929
    • Rinu Sam
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2009
        Dear beloved in Christ

        "Shlemmoon thannurumal" (Wet cloth) is also symbolism whereby St.Mary is described as Spiritual soosappa(cloth)wet by the water of Life(holy spirit). Gospel of St.john 4:14Jesus said to the Samaritan women " The water I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life''.The grace of Holy of Spirit that leads to eternal life is termed as living water.

        With Prayers
        Rinu Sam
        ID#4038

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 27, 2009
          I understand the reference to the wet cloth. But what is the significance of 'Shlemmon'? Isn't Shlemmooon, King Solomon ?

          In Christ,
          Mathew G M
          # 0929

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2009
            Dear Beloved In Christ

            Still I am looking at the tradtions of Church regarding" Slemmoon Thannurumal"

            Some significant hints of St.Mary are listed below
            1.Eve the fall started with 1st Eve.Salvation Stared in the Second Eve(Mary)
            2.The Lamb from tree(Genesis22:13)
            3.Water from the Fire Rock(Exodus 17:6)
            4.Coin From the Mouth Of Fish(Math 17:27)
            5.Stairway to heaven(Gen28:12)
            6.Bush in the flame of Fire(Exod 3:2)
            7.Golden Jar Of Manna (Exod16:33)
            8.Arc of testimony(exod 26:33)
            9 Aaron's sprouted staff(Num 17:8)
            10.Gideon's wool Fleece(judges 6:36-40)
            11.Elisha's New Bowl(2Kings 2:19-25)
            12.The shut/closed Gate(Ezek 44:2)

            I dont know the relation between King Solomon and Slemmoon
            another remark is that this "Urumal" is related to miracle/healimg performred bySt.peter(Acts5:15-16) but not from me

            with Prayers
            Rinu Sam
            ID#4038

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G M wrote:

            > I understand the reference to the wet cloth. But what is the significance of 'Shlemmon'? Isn't Shlemmooon, King Solomon ?
            >
            > In Christ,
            > Mathew G M
            > # 0929

          • Essahaak
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29, 2009
              Rinu!

              Hat off for the knowledge below.; keep the spirit...May Lord, God of Israel through His Holy Host enlighten you more and more!!

              Love, Prayers and Benedictions.
              esahhak(Isaac)
            • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 30, 2009
                Dear moderators

                Slemoon in Syriac and Solomon in English are not two persons but one whom we call in Malayalam "Salomon"

                Let me clear the usage of "Slemoon than urumaalum"

                Manna nikshepitha cheppum....
                Compare "Soosepho Slemoonoitho" (Slemoon than urumaal) with Song of Solomon 1: 5 "I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon."

                Solomon's curtain is used to cover the tabernacle and the sacrifice. Hence, in Virgin Mary's womb the Lamb of God rests.

                Keebooso d' deeyathikee = Niyama pettakam
                Domyas yoldas aaloho = Ninne sadrusamakkunnu
                this vo bo kestho d' manno = athil manna ittu vacha cheppum
                sabthe dahrun ho dafra = ahroonte thalirtha vadiyum
                sooseppo slemoonoytho = slemoonadutha sosappayum untaayirunnu.
                l'roso dab ubek sor vav nbeeye kulhun = ninte udarathilulla rahasyathe nbeeyanmar ellavarum thangalude rahasyangalalum
                vasleehe b'galiyonahun = sleehanmar velipadukalalum soochippichirunnu.
                methul hode m'sabheenan leh lamseeho dadnah menek methul dam sabho eesav. = ithu nimitham ninnil ninnudicha masihaye njangal mahathvappeduthunnu. enthukontennal thaan mahathvamullavan aakunnu.

                I think it is enough to understand what is "Slemoon than urumal."

                Deevannasios Methrachan