SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 20

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 20

      Page 208

      Further Developments

      The forced entry of the Catholicos to the Kallumkathara Church with
      police escort facing the unanimous opposition and boycott of the
      parishioners, the arrest and lock up of Fr Mathai Manakunnil of the
      Kayamkulam Kadeesha Church and disciplinary action against Mor
      Philexinos precipitated matters.

      Mor Philexinos called together an assembly of the representatives of
      churches at Manarcadu and it resolved to send a deputation to the
      Holy Father to give a detailed report of the serious situation in the
      church.

      Meanwhile the Catholicos made preparations for convening a meeting of
      the Association for electing a successor to the Catholicos; but
      injunction from the court was served on him on the ground that it was
      uncanonical to elect a successor to a prelate who was functioning.

      The last days of Delegate Mor Julios.

      Mor Julios who had been the delegate to three successive Patriarchs,
      faithfully preserving the interests of the Holy See and of the
      Malankara Church in the most turbulent 39 years left for his heavenly
      abode on 19th February 1962. In his last Kalpana he exposed himself
      saying that as much he loved and respected the Throne of Antioch, so
      much dearly did he love the Malankara church in which he spent the
      whole period of his High Priesthood. He forgave all who criticized
      him harshly, and unkindly, misunderstanding his sincerity.

      To his critics he seemed to be stern and uncompromising, but deep
      down he was simple, courteous and saintly. His actions were without
      fear or favor. As he was well aware of the precedents of certain
      mischief mongers, abusing the delegates of the Holy See, he accepted
      the criticisms very lightly. During his prolonged examination as
      witness in the law court, he was most scholarly in the way he bent
      the edges of the arrows aimed at him. He had been a real hermit
      throughout spending long hours in private prayer and reading.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all
        regards