SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 18

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 18

      The Antiochean Syrian Movement

      The Holy Father graciously granted His approval of the Movement (no.
      263/59). Throughout Malankara it spread its activities supported by
      the periodical "Antiochean Sandesham" (edited by Kanyamparambil
      Achen).

      Mor Philexinos Paulose (Late lamented HB Catholicos PauloseII) came
      to the forefront as the leader of the afflicted faithful. In his
      Kalpana of 13-10-59 to Mor Philexinos the Holy Father said, "We are
      deeply grieved by the unhappy developments and painful incidents
      there. We do fully repent of the peace We made with paternal love,
      because they (metran kakshis) do not desire actual peace and We are
      convinced that their only motive is to satisfy their own interests".

      The Holy Father further authorized Mor Philexinos to administer the
      Dioceses of Kottayam, Kandanad and the southern dioceses- "devoid of
      legitimate metropolitans "
      (The said dioceses were then administered by Mor Gregorios, Mor
      Ivanios (kottayam), Mor Thimotheus ( kandanad) , Mor Thomas Dionysius
      ( niranam), Mor Daniel Philexinos (thumpamon) and Mor Coorilos (
      quilon) . However to the Holy Father, they were not legitimate
      prelates.

      Note: Mor Coorilos is the present metran kakshi Catholicos of
      Devalokam and the South namely MathewsII.
      Which only proves that his ordination was uncanonical in the eyes of
      the Holy Father …let me continue ……
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all