Manjanikkara dayara- is it upto the mark?

  • Jinesh John
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Dear moderators

      I have a few querries about  the  the Pronounced pilgrim center of our church, the Manjanikkara Dayara. I feel that The Glorified Pilgrim Center is not yet developed to the standards;

      1. The approaching roads to the dayara church are in very pathetic condition even for walking. Why the church officials are not interested in developing the infrastructure?

      2. It was seen that on Sundays Holy Qurabana is being offered at the dayara church and the  chapel adjacent to the church at somewhat the same time. The layman get confused as to attend the Holy Qurbana in which church. We get an impression as if the priests and clergy in the two churches are in a competition to attract people towards them by uttering the prayers through Loudspeakers. It was a horrible situation indeed. Why such a senseless  act is permitted?

      with
      Love& prayers

      Jinesh John
      ID 4003
    • George John
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
        Dear Jinesh,

        It appears that this may be your first visit to Manjinikara. Feuds are part of Jacobite life. You have witnessed one that has been going on for a couple of generations. If you stand at the Dayara and face due east you will see another one of our Churches just across the paddy fields. Why have churches within a kilometre of each other?

        You can imagine the confusion during the pilgrimage season when both Dayara & Church committees put tables and collect Qurbana Pannam. I'm told that the Holy Quran says that a Muslim who eats non-halal food without knowing it commits no sin, but the sin falls on the head of the person who fed him the food knowing full well that it was non-halal. I do not know of an equivalent in the Holy Bible, perhaps the reason why the committees behave the way they do confusing gullible pilgrims.

        Regards

        George
        2918
      • Varkey Titus
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
          Dear Jinesh,

          Many thanks for bringing out a teething problem in Manjanikkara. It is an open fued between our Thumpamon diocese and the Simhasana Churches. The Dayara Church is under Simhasana Churches administration and the adjacent St. Stephen's Church is under Thumpamon Diocese administration. Well, as you know, there is a rift between the Churches administrative bodies (NOT BETWEEN THE RESPECTIVE THIRUMENI'S)and no one want to show any humility and that causes this unpleasent situation there.

          There are many Churches in Kerala, (like St. Mary's Cathedral, Manarcad) which is having TWO HOLY QURBANA on many days. The first one starts at 7 am and the second one starts at 9 am. Why our Manjanikkara Dayara administration and the St. Stephen's Church administration cannot agree to practice such an arrangement there?? Jesus told to show humility, but now our people will not agree to it anywhere!!! I suggest that let our beloved Dionnasios Thirumeni shows an example, by boldly making an arrangement to start the HOLY QURBANA at Dayara Church at 7 AM and surely, Milithios Thirumeni can make an arrangment at St. Stephen's Church to start H.Q. at 9 AM.

          It is high time to have an understanding between the two Churches, for the sake of our Sabha. I hope something will be done at the earliest.

          Varkey Titus
          Member Id No: 1024

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com,
          Jinesh John wrote:

          > Dear moderators
          >
          > I have a few querries about  the  the Pronounced pilgrim center of our church, the Manjanikkara Dayara. .................

        • Cecil.K. Varghese
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
            Dear Jinesh,

            As a person who used to participate in the H.Qurbana of both churches in Manjanikkara, I would like to express my opinion.

            1. Do you mean the road from Omalloor to Manjanikkara? We need to force PWD department.

            2. Adjacent to Dayara is not a chapel; it is St.Steephen�s Church, under Thumpamon diocese.

            The Holy Qurbana is not at the same time, Dayara church will start early and finish early were as in ST. Stephen�s church will start Holy Qurbana after 9am. So the sound pollution is not happening every Sunday, only in special events St.Steephen�s church use external sound system.

            Many of the people coming to the Holy Tomb of our Saints are regular visitors, many of them are known to the priests and other people of St.Steephen�s church, but You explained it like agents attracting passengers at Kottayam bus stand calling like Arpookara,--medical college.... If you ask to any Deacon or Achen in any one of the church about what you found and it was the easy way to get a quick reply. Appreciate you to come up with your questions. Hope we will get authoritative answer in few days through this forum.

            With Prayers
            Cecil.K. Varghese
            Houston ID# 890