Obituary - Mrs. Mariamma Philipose

  • Rev. Fr. Babu Peringol
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 11:22 PM
      Dear All:

      With deep sorrow, I am writing you to inform the demise of Mrs. Mariamma Philipose ( Mariam Philip of Pullolickel, Pampady), the beloved mother of our Philip Jacob in Houston, an advisor of Saint Ephrem Universal Syriac Orthodox Medical Mission. Mrs. Philipose, by the grace of God, was at the age of 102 and had been in good health. Just few days ago she was hospitalized at Carithas Hospital, Kottayam, India, under the care of her esteemed brother Cardiologist Dr. George Jacob. She was a true Christian in deed and a great companion for her husband, Mr. Chandy Philipose (demised in 1986), Kulathammakkel House, Pampady, Kottayam, India, who was compassionate to the needy and the poor in the region. Mrs. Philipose was blessed to having five children: three boys and two girls, and several of her grand and great grand children. Their benevolent contributions to the Holy Church and the community is always generous both in India and in the USA.

      Dr. Susan and Philip Jacob are leaving to Kerala on this Monday afternoon to attend the funeral service of their beloved mother which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6th, at St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church, Pampady East. His Beatitude Mor Baselios Thomas I, Catholicose of India, had visited Mrs. Philipose last year at her residence. His Beatitude, who is currently in USA, went to the Jacob family today to offer the memorial prayers and to express his condolences on behalf of the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church. Also, His Eminence Mor Clemis Eugene,the SEUSOMM President, personally called Philip and Dr. Susan Jacob to offer the condolences and blessings on behalf of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church and the Medical Mission.

      May God Almighty comfort the grieving families and continue to bless them. May the departed soul rest in peace with our Lord Jesus.

      Father Babu Peringol
      Secretary General, SEUSOMM
    • Very Rev. Fr. Geevarghese Puthoorkudilil
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 4:44 PM
        Dear Jacobkutty,

        I extend my most sincere condolence.

        With prayers,
        Puthoorkudilil Geevarghese Core Episcopa.