Re: Wristwatches with leather straps in Holy Madbaha

  • Chev. Thomas Abraham
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2009
      Dear All,

      Thank you Chevalier Thomas Daniel for giving some clarifications on this subject. But can you or anybody else (possibly Dionnasios Thirumeni) explain little more on the 'theology' behind such a ban on leather products inside Holy Madboho?? I had seen the use of 'textile shoes' by the celebrant during Holy Qurbana, but doesn't know the theology behind it. I think an authenticated explanation on the ban of leather products will be useful for many; may be even for the prelates who doesn't know and follow it (as per Deacon Monsy Jacob's msg.)!!

      Thanks & Regards

      Chev. Thomas Abraham - Bahrain
      Member Id # 829

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Chev. Thomas Daniel wrote:

      > Dear Aji
      >
      > No doubt, animal products are prohibited. NO animal products other than wool and beeswax are allowed in the Holy Madboho (Sanctuary). In theory, this prohibition covers leather (in the form of leather-bound service-books and shoes).

    • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        Dear moderator

        Please see quoting from the Hudaya Canon attached.
        http://socmnet.org/Resource/Hudaya_canon_page43.jpg

        Our Lord restricted Moses,His beloved, to unshoe for he is standing in a Holy Place Ex.3:5

        Madbaha is the most Holy Place of Our God and nobody among our fore fathers used leather items during the Holy Qurbana.

        Deevannasios Methrachan
        Manjanikkara
        01-08-2009
      • Chev. Thomas Daniel
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
          Dear Chevalier Thomas Abraham

          The sacrifice of Christ on the cross in Calvary and the sacrifice of the Holy Qurbono in Thronose are one single sacrifice with the "substance" of Christ being the same but with the "manner" of the offering of Christ being different: The scarifying Lamb is one and the same, who then offered himself on the cross, only the manner of offering is different. In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Qurbono, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner.

          And all sacrifices of animals are over by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ in Calvary and therefore animal products are forbidden on Holy Altar were we are offering the "Raktha Rahita Bali"

          Chevalier Thomas Daniel (Reji)
          # 0001