SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 17

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….
      Dipu George
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 17

      Page 205

      The Holy Father continues, that there were serious differences of
      opinion among the faithful in Malankara regarding this constitution.
      But He went on, " You seem to cling to it more than to the Holy Bible
      and the Canon. We cannot but accept our people there who are firm in
      faith. They are the true Jacobite Syrian church ". The Patriarch
      further issued one months notice to the Catholicos to clarify his
      stand and warned him that necessary action would be taken for the
      well being of the Malankara church.

      Thus the hurried compromise of December 16, 1958 began to crack.
      Whenever legality is given priority over spirituality, legality never
      comes to an end.

      Page 206

      Unhappy developments again.

      The Syrian Christian association meeting at Puthencavu on 26th
      December 1958 clearly disclosed that there were masters (metran
      kakshis) and slaves in the community – a strong rebut to those who
      sacrificed truth for gaining momentary benefits!!!
      Again the circular of the Catholicos barely two months after,
      criticizing the Patriarchal Kalpana regarding fast days, as
      uncanonical, enraged the faithful who demanded that the Holy father
      should visit Malankara to establish real peace. The Synod finally had
      to decide to request the Patriarch to visit the Malankara church. The
      request remained on paper on which it was written.

      Again the reshuffling of dioceses by the managing committee without
      even intimating the Holy Father added fuel to the fire. A vain
      attempt to capture the Simhasana churches under the Patriarchal
      Delegate was also made.

      The Holy Father in his Kalpana to Rev Punnose Vayithara of 17-2-59,
      after mentioning the invalidity of ordination through Abdul Massih
      says " We desired to lay the foundation for peace, and to REMOVE
      GRADUALLY THE INVALIDITY of their orders and to give a support to the
      metropolitans in their shameful fall!!" Publication of this letter
      silenced the scoffers who asked whether it was through Post Office
      that valid offers were given to those who were once called pretenders.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21 9:09 AM
        Dear all
        regards