Re: ARK OF THE COVENANT REVEALED

  • Alex Jojo Joseph
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2009
      Dear All,

      Another month has passed, after this news came around us. And, of course, there was no followup on the same either by the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia or by the Patriarch.

      Quoting from one of the blogs I could read,

      "The Patriarch's announcement confirms the long-standing rumour that the Ark is, in fact, in Axum. But I understand from an Italian news source that it was NOT produced on Friday as originally announced.

      I seriously doubt that the Patriarch would lie. Either the Ark is in Axum and is the genuine article, or the Ethiopian Orthodox church is laboring under a misapprehension. My own thought is that, like the Shroud of Turin, this is going to be one of those religious artifacts that can be real or not, depending on the faith of the individual."

      Enough with the blogger. Now, while I think loud, the questions would be :

      1. Did the Patriarch lie ? To sustain a long standing rumor ?

      2. Why should the Church (holy apostolic church) get involved in keeping such mysteries sacrosanct ?

      3. Do our Church and Leaders believe that if in case these sort of mysteries exist (Ark,Holy Grail,Shroud,Veronica's Veil etc) and is revealed to the public, it will shake the faith of the followers ?

      And finally

      4. As always, Is this part of the biggest conspiracy of Islam, to get the birthrights and be free from the tag of 'illegitimate offshoots' from Abraham, the father of faith?

      FootNote : From another news snippet :

      There's just one minor detail that everyone seems to have missed. The statement from Abuna Pauolos reads as follows:

      Non sono qui per dare delle prove che l'Arca sia in Etiopia, ma sono qui per dire quello che ho visto, quello che so e che posso testimoniare. Non ho detto che l'Arca sarà mostrata al mondo. E' un mistero, un oggetto di culto.

      That basically translates as follows:

      I am not here to give proofs that the Ark is in Ethiopia, but I am here to say what I saw, what I know and I can attest to. I didn't say that the Ark would be revealed to the world. It is a mystery, an object of veneration.

      So, we will not get to SEE the Ark of the Covenant, or even verify its existence…but then again, that's why it's called a "Leap of Faith", I suppose.

      To conclude the news: The prelate surely does admit that "I saw, I know and I can attest to ". Which means atleast there is no need for Emperor Menelik to come and shout the truth on the world's face !!

      One questions surely does stand : Where are we heading to ?

      Regards
      Jojo

      Alex Jojo Joseph
      St.Mary's JSO Cathedral, Queen's Road, Bangalore
      St.George JSO Cathedral, Kavumbhagom, Thiruvalla
      Member ID # 0910