Please act before its too Late...

  • Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 5:06 AM
      Praise the Lord

      It is with a very sad feeling I have to write this ...

      I waited for a long time now, for years I have heard about this....

      Then this year I heard even worse, even then I waited for someone to take an action somewhere....

      Now I must bring this to the attention of all members... specially to those members located outside Kerala.....

      The issue that requires urgent attention.

      For years now the faithful outside kerala have been demanding that an updated English version of the sunday school text be published.

      The sunday school authorities initial response was to ignore any such request....

      long story short.... After many years they claim to have something....

      They even said it has been sent to DTP (again thats what they claimed )

      Now they say they are not going ahead with the print? whats wrong with these guys? Then they said they were going to put an online version ....

      We've been waiting for that a really long time now...

      Now they say even that is not going to happen???

      I haven't seen a more irresponsible bunch of people.....

      Is it because that we are from outside kerala that we are ignored this much.....

      We should aldready have had these text books a couple of years back..... yet till today some forces keep stalling a text book from coming out

      WHY?

      Every year Lakhs of rupees are pumped from outside kerala into the Church machinery....

      Where this is going? God alone knows....

      Is there not one person in this outside kerala diocese (clergy or layman) influential enough, who can get this bunch of irresponsible lazy guys to move a muscle and print this Text book??.....

      Why is nobody bothered about the children who are from outside kerala, and number in thousands, but who are not so well versed in malayalam??......

      Recently an uncle who is also from a gulf country told me about his experience.... where one of the senior class students.... (10th or 11th) asked him,

      "What is the difference between a 'Thirumeni' & a 'Sahada'?"

      This uncle told me he then had a difficult time explaining to them about the difference, pointing several examples, as apparently the children didn't know the difference between those two terms.....

      If ignorance towards the urgent need for an ENGLISH Text Book for children continues like this ....

      It will not be long before we hear, more horrific questions!!?

      Everyone in the Church is interested in the Euros, Dollars, Dinars and Dirhams, that the Outside Kerala Diocese's faithful have to offer....

      People outside Kerala... it is high time you demand a good sunday school education for your kids.....

      Some guys within the MJSSA think they can get away fooling you with their lame excuses.....

      What I have heard is that there are exceptional cases where one or two priests fed up with this bunch of lazy people, and have taken initiative to come out with some kind of english version....

      I think it is high time something like this happen for the middle east and western countries....

      We who contribute to the lakhs of rupees being raised should twist some arms, who so ever it may be, to make sure.... somebody brings out these much needed text books......

      We then thought of an idea whereby people in the middle east specially all capable people should take an initiative to approach learned people like Adai achan, Moolayil achan, Dr.Mani Rajan achan etc... to get some kind of translation done for us. Money wouldn't be an issue for publishing if it was a collective effort....

      This is when.... a priest who is familiar with these groups functioning.... told me that for sure politics of this bunch would certainly not allow such an attempt to bear fruit?

      Let me show another example of this group....

      Couple of years back....Bahrain St.Peter's Church sunday school was celebrating its anniversary....

      It was decided by the faithful that something be done back there in kerala for the wonderful work they are supposed to be doing.....

      It was decided to honour a deserving sunday school teacher or a person who made exceptional contributuion to the sunday school movement....

      I hope you will understand what I am going to say next......

      For two years they searched they couldn't find such a deserving person in the whole of Malankara.....

      How many are we in malankara? some exagerated figures say, 12 lakhs...

      Not one person deserving in this lot???

      Every year from a BILLION Indians one is selected in respective fields and honoured, not diminishing the effort and good work of others...

      Yet here.....
      From what I understood... This bunch could not come to the conclusion which one of they themselves has to accept the prize without hurting feelings of other members of the Group....

      Only to show that even if we pump money, how they utilize it there.....

      I pray to all members in this forum, both clergy and layman....

      Please get this group to move.

      We need English text books for the higher classes....

      The students really are suffeing without books in English.....

      I have heard many people aldready request this before and I have heard some stupid defence made on behalf of this group.....

      I will not tolerate any kind of defence this time for this group...

      This time I have not said many things I want to say.... if you try to bring some kind of stupid defence I will only get more offensive with more references to other embarssing events...

      I am however open to all kinds of constructive ideas.... towards the goal of getting English text books published.

      Any ideas to make this a reality are most welcome.

      A very concerned sunday school teacher for class XI

      Abraham
      Membership ID #2303

      P.S.

      Any event related or comment made is not to hurt feelings... but a pointer to the seriousness of the matter where the resposible authorities are now retorting, "why dont you translate the text book..."

      Please understand I am only concerned in realising an English text book for my students in the sunday school and and also for those in outside kerala churches...

      I need not mention to all of you the fallouts of our children recieving a poor sunday school education in a language they cannot follow.....

      Revival Groups that communicate in their language are waiting to snatch them away.

      SOMEBODY PLEASE DO SOMETHING.....