I am again with time machine – Wristwatches with leather straps

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2009
      Dar All

      What I understand, we are not permitted to take in or keep in any sort of Leather products into "Madbaha" or "Thronose".

      But I noticed some of our clergy keep their wristwatches with leather straps on the top of "Thronose" during Holy Qurbana. Is it allowed? If not why they do this?

      Can anyone explain the reason for not allowing any leather products in to Madbaha.

      In Christ
      Aji Thomas David
      4088
    • Chev. Thomas Daniel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2009
        Dear Aji

        No doubt, animal products are prohibited. NO animal products other than wool and beeswax are allowed in the Holy Madboho (Sanctuary). In theory, this prohibition covers leather (in the form of leather-bound service-books and shoes).

        My Malpanachan (L.L Mor Thimotheos Yakub) always kept Thirumeni's watch out side Holy Madboho and even Thirumeni never allowed us to use any books with leather cover inside Holy Madboho. Same attitude I noticed with L.L Mor Koorilose Kuriakose Thirumeni also.

        Money is also forbidden and personal jewelry, such as rings and earrings, is not worn by those serving there.

        Unfortunately this is not always enforced today.

        In HIS Love
        Chevalier Thomas Daniel (Reji)
        # 0001

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Aji Thomas David wrote:

        > Dar All
        >
        > What I understand, we are not permitted to take in or keep in any sort of Leather products into "Madbaha" or "Thronose".

      • Chev. Thomas Abraham
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2009
          Dear All,

          Thank you Chevalier Thomas Daniel for giving some clarifications on this subject. But can you or anybody else (possibly Dionnasios Thirumeni) explain little more on the 'theology' behind such a ban on leather products inside Holy Madboho?? I had seen the use of 'textile shoes' by the celebrant during Holy Qurbana, but doesn't know the theology behind it. I think an authenticated explanation on the ban of leather products will be useful for many; may be even for the prelates who doesn't know and follow it (as per Deacon Monsy Jacob's msg.)!!

          Thanks & Regards

          Chev. Thomas Abraham - Bahrain
          Member Id # 829

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Chev. Thomas Daniel wrote:

          > Dear Aji
          >
          > No doubt, animal products are prohibited. NO animal products other than wool and beeswax are allowed in the Holy Madboho (Sanctuary). In theory, this prohibition covers leather (in the form of leather-bound service-books and shoes).

        • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
            Dear moderator

            Please see quoting from the Hudaya Canon attached.
            http://socmnet.org/Resource/Hudaya_canon_page43.jpg

            Our Lord restricted Moses,His beloved, to unshoe for he is standing in a Holy Place Ex.3:5

            Madbaha is the most Holy Place of Our God and nobody among our fore fathers used leather items during the Holy Qurbana.

            Deevannasios Methrachan
            Manjanikkara
            01-08-2009
          • Chev. Thomas Daniel
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
              Dear Chevalier Thomas Abraham

              The sacrifice of Christ on the cross in Calvary and the sacrifice of the Holy Qurbono in Thronose are one single sacrifice with the "substance" of Christ being the same but with the "manner" of the offering of Christ being different: The scarifying Lamb is one and the same, who then offered himself on the cross, only the manner of offering is different. In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Qurbono, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner.

              And all sacrifices of animals are over by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ in Calvary and therefore animal products are forbidden on Holy Altar were we are offering the "Raktha Rahita Bali"