Re: Wall clock in front of Holy Altar – is it necessary??

  • Varkey Titus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2009
      Aji,

      As Mr. George pointed out, there may be places where the H.Q. should be completed within the timeframe. But in most Priest's cases, as I had seen, they are using their own watches or a small time-piece kept on the Holy Althar itself, to check the timing!!! I don't know whether it is 'distracting' the attention of the priest, while he is celebrating the Holy Qurbana!! If the Clergy can keep a 'time piece' on the Holy Altar itself, what is there in a clock placed on the wall of the altar, facing the attendees?? As you can see in many churches, our people come to attend the Holy Qurbana, when it is going to be disbursed!!! So the clock may help the people who comes late to think about the timing when they enter into the Church. Anyway, in our Church the clock is kept on the side wall of the Church, so no body is going to see it or get distracted!!!!!

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      Member Id # 1024