SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 16

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 16

      Developments
      The said Constitution had neither been forwarded to the Patriarch nor
      had His approval. Even natural justice demands its disapproval by the
      Patriarch. Prolonged correspondence ensued. The Patriarch maintained
      that the said constitution was not binding on Him. "When We received
      the report regarding the acceptance at the old seminary on 16th
      December 1958, We were at a loss to understand your words `subject to
      the constitution'. You had neither informed Us earlier that you would
      be accepting Us only with certain conditions nor had you forwarded to
      Us a copy of such a record. Whatever might be the influence the said
      constitution has on you, you never had Our approval for the same so
      that it might be binding on Us as Patriarch of Antioch and Supreme
      Head of the church or on the Jacobite Church. It is why We demanded
      your explanation (vide letter of 8th April 1959) and your reply there
      to is not at all any explanation We had demanded. We could afterwards
      go through your constitution and we are informing you certain facts
      that have come to our notice.

      The said constitution was passed in a meeting of a section, with a
      lay majority with a motive to separate the Malankara church from the
      throne of Antioch, if the latter does not comply with every objects
      of the former. The Throne of St Thomas is invented by the
      association, that had passed the constitution, for the glory and
      advantage of the Catholicos!!!. Such a Throne is not seen either in
      the Canons or in the writings of the Early Fathers of the Church.
      Even if Mor Abdul Massih had been the legitimate Patriarch he had no
      authority to give a throne of St Thomas or to install a Catholicos.
      Neither the Supreme Court has given you a throne of St Thomas. The
      Synod of the Prelates only has the authority in matters concerning
      the Faith and everything relating the Church. The encroachment on
      such authority by the association puts the axe at the root of the
      Apostolic Church ………the Canon you have quoted is one published in
      Paris by the order of the Pope of Rome. It is not the right Canon;
      neither have other Patriarchs especially the Patriarch of Antioch
      approved it ……"

      Note: its sheer heresy for misguided people to swear by this 1934
      constitution. In fact its an irony to support this constitution and
      blame the Patriarch faction for its cordial relations with Rome!!!!!
      Even the forefathers of the metran kakshis would be turning in their
      graves as a result of the obstinacy of their ascendant's heretic
      attitude!!! Infact during the case between the Jacobites and Mar
      Athanasius (Marthoma Church) , while the Jacobites swore by the
      Hudayo Canon it was the Marthomites who first introduced and adopted
      this Canon . It's a real pity to see the Metran Kakshis now swearing
      by this false Canon.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all