India joins elite club with nuclear submarine launch

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2009
      India on Sunday (26 July 2009) reached a milestone when Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur launched the country's first indigenous nuclear-powered submarine 'INS Arihant' for sea trials.

      Declaring that India has achieved a "historic milestone in the country's defense preparedness" with the launch of the submarine, the Prime Minister said, "We don't have any aggressive designs nor do we seek to threaten anyone".

      "We seek an external environment in our region and beyond that is conducive to our peaceful development and protection of our value systems," Singh said in his speech congratulating everyone associated with the advanced technology vessel (n-submarine) programme.

      Along with whole nation, we, moderators and members of SOCM Forum congratulate each and everyone associated with this achievement.

      May our Lord God safe guard our nation from all sort of evil happenings.

      In our Lord�s Love.
      SOCM Moderators