SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 15

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1039 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 15

      As per previous understanding all the Metropolitans including the
      delegate Mor Julios and the Catholicos with his Metropolitans entered
      the sanctuary of the Kottayam Seminary Church and after due prayers
      exchanged letters – Mor Julios handed over the Patriarch's Kalpana to
      the Catholicos and the latter his letter. This was on 18th December
      1958.

      As the proverb goes "Sand was in the first mouthful"!!.
      1. The Catholicos' letter was an unsigned document!!!!
      Fortunately the discrepancy came to light then and there, and it was
      got signed by the Catholicos in his car!!.
      2. Whereas the Holy Father accepted the Catholicos
      unconditionally, the latter had inserted the words `subject to the
      constitution'!!!

      This union had varied comments from different angles. The
      erstwhile Catholicos party jubilated over it as their greatest
      victory and the complete surrender of the Patriarch. Yet others bowed
      their heads in despair with a renunciation of `come what may'.

      The Holy Father was acutely disappointed when the actual record
      reached Him, finding that His Holiness was accepted not
      unconditionally as He had done, but only subject to their
      constitution.

      Note: this would be a serious legal error on the Patriarch's faction
      in the future and would cost us dearly. Pity why we didn't then heed
      the advice of farsighted seers in our factions against this move.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all
        regards