Re: Homosexuality ruling: The stand of Jacobite Church?

  • Abhilash Raj
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2009
      With reference to Mr Issac's mail, I would like to suggest thatOur church should not interfear in politics as Catholic churches do. many of their(Catholic Churches) acts are like some third rite political parties.The reaction of catholic seems that all are homosexuals in catholic church and it seems that all were waiting for such a law. Many o ftheir acts are more stinking that homosexuality. Homosexuality was there for centuries even when it was regarded as a criminal offence in India and it will continue irrespective of the legal status. But church should not appreciate gay marriages in churches. And also make it clear that it against te moral values. My suggestion is, as long as it doesnt affect our church lets not discuss about it.

      Abhilash Raj
      St. Marys JSOC Vazhamuttom
      Id 4014
    • Aji Thomas David
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
        Dear Issac

        What I understand our church and other Orthodox churches beliefs concerning homosexuality are the same.

        Some key points are:

        About homosexuality itself:
        No society in history has accepted homosexuality as normal.
        Gays and lesbians have never been comfortable about revealing their sexual orientation.
        Nobody is born homosexual.
        A homosexual orientation can be controlled.
        One's genes do not determine their sexual "preference."
        Some people become homosexual because of a hostile parent.
        Others become homosexual by thinking positively about gay/lesbian activity, and experimenting with it.

        The church and homosexuality:
        Homosexuality is a sin, according to the Bible, tradition and church creed.
        It is condemned by God.
        Sex is only proper between a man and woman who are married to each other.

        Leviticus 18:22: This passage condemns homosexuality.
        Leviticus 20:13: This verse goes further and condemns them to death.
        Genesis 19:1-29: God destroyed Sodom because of homosexuality.
        Romans 1:24-28: Homosexuality is a depraved passion
        1 Corinthians 6:9-10: Homosexuals will not go to heaven.
        1 Timothy 1:9-10: Agrees.
        Jude 7: Sodom's sin was homosexuality; Homosexuals will undergo a "punishment of eternal fire." in Hell.
        St. Athanasius stated that homosexual behavior abolish the purpose of the creation of the world, and of Christ's mission.
        Homosexuals will not repent of their sins.
        Active homosexuals are not saved.
        The "Gay church" is a shame to Christianity.

        Church tradition states that homosexual acts "are always objectively grave evil and intrinsically disordered...Homosexuality was regarded as a sin against nature and as such abhorrent."

        Within marriage, the husband is the leader and head; the wife must "demand, encourage and enable" her husband's leadership. This balance of power cannot work in a homosexual partnership.

        How homosexuals can become heterosexual:
        Homosexuality is a learned behavior and thus can be changed.
        Three preconditions to becoming heterosexual again are: to have a strong desire to become straight, to seek and accept God's power and to accept support from others.
        Studying the Bible helps; in particular, dwell on the anti-gay verses.
        Study homosexuality in history.
        Learn why God created a man and a women.
        Gain self control and self respect.

        Conclusion:
        "Homosexuality is a sin, and a homosexual who wants to recover should see it as such and repent."

        In Christ
        Aji Thomas David
        ID - 4088