Prayer

  • Dr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
      Prayer
      by Corepiscopa (Dr.) Mani Rajan

      Prayer is an inseparable and prominent aspect of Christian life. But there are fundamental questions about the content and nature of prayer. Prayer cannot be reduced to the outpouring of one's impulses. There are several verses in scripture that reveal about prayer. However, the sacred tradition of the Church which is a living transmission of the Holy Spirit should also be known to the faithful.

      To read more: http://www.socdigest.org/articles/02jul09.html
    • K. E. Mathew
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2009
        Dear moderator

        In our prayers we are using word "Nee" meaning you. I feel this is to be changed. God is with us when we are praying. Let us assume that He is standing just infront of us when we pray. How can we say "Daivame Nee Parisudhanakunnu" to Him. We are reluctant to say nee to an elder person. Then how can we to God? We are standing infront of Him with "Bhayathodum virayalodum".

        Instead of nee, if we use Angu, it will be more apt.
        Regards,
        Mathew
        4196
      • Sajan
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2009
          Not necessary. Nee sometimes we call to our close friend, our close relative irrespective of age in some cases. that shows the closeness. When he is too close to us, there is no formality.
          Sajan
          4071