Re: June 29 is the feast of the Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul

  • Rinu Sam
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5 6:39 AM
      Dear Beloved,

      Jesus did restore Peter because of his denial of Jesus three times. St. Peter was the leader of disciples however he was not the Head of disciples.As Peter was the leader of Disciples he had to be the first to confess his love for the Risen Lord.Since Peter had denied Christ three times,Jesus restores him with threefold confession of Love.

      First Christ told Peter to " Feed my Lambs"(take care of my sheep).secondly "tend my Sheep"(direct or guide)
      and thirdly,"feed my sheep". Lamb means young Sheep, Tend means giude or direct.This means Peter was given the authority To preach Gospel among the Jews(chosen people pf Jehova).This I am quoting from the orthodox study Bible.

      If you look at the First Epistle Of St.John, he addresses the faithful/believers as "little children","Fathers","young men",etc etc.These are three Stages of Christian Growth.

      Generally when we speak the sheep refers both male/female.

      With Prayers
      Rinu Sam
      ID#4038

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, V T John Nalunnakal wrote:

      > Respected Moderators,
      >
      > I am obliged to refer to the Message of the SOCM Moderators on the above matter and submit that the heading JESUS RESTORES PETER is not correct in my humble view. If the Lord was restoring Peter there was no need to make him confess thrice his love towards the Lord Jesus.
    • Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10 2:25 AM
        Greetings to all

        Dear Mr. Rinu, let me share my understanding of the same with you. Please refer "Visudhagrandham" - Gospel of St John Chapter 21 verse 15-17, which correctly translates the blessings as "kunjaadukale meyikkuka", "pennadukale meyikkuka" and "aadukale meyikkuka".
        ie : Our lord was entrusting the whole church of children, female population and male population to St. Peter the head of the apostoles. This apostolic tradition is waht we SOC believe and follow. It is more relavent to read this passage along with - Gospel of St. John Chapter 10 Verse 11-19.

        Unfortunately in English as you mentioned "sheep" is neither male nor female and hence the wrong translation intepreted in totally wrong way.

        Keep posting.

        Requesting prayers

        Shinu Jesus Abraham
        Member ID # 2908

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12 5:29 AM
          Dear Shinu

          The Apostolic Tradition is that Christ Is Head Of Church.(colossian.1:18).Ephesians2:20 THECORNERSTONE being Christ,you too are built upon the foundation laid by apostles and prophets. This is called apostolic Faith and Tradition.

          The Orthodox Study Bible is a common Bible used by All orthodox Churches especially oriental orthodox churches. What I previously Quoted is from orthodox study Bible.St.John 10:11-19 is referring Christ the Good Shepherd.

          With Best Regards&prayers
          Rinu Sam
          ID#4038