Re:The Apostles - Who Were the Twelve?

  • Rev. Dn. Aniss Ibrahim Sowmy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2009
      In the case of number 12 for the apostles or for the tribes of Israel we must return to history and understand that the duodecimal sistem was elaborated by Assyrians and Babylonians long time before Christ.

      The Israelites if we look in Genesis and Exodus we can clearly see the direct influence of these great empires in the hebrew cultural.

      Moses had a madianite father in law; David bought the land to build the temple from the Palestines, and his people established itself in between the cananites.

      All these smal tribes like madianites, cananites, amorites and others where tributaries of the Assyrian and Babylonian empires, thus there basic controls were taken from those great constructors of civilization that gave basis for Christianism. It is wrong to stay on the greek way of thinking - that Christianism begins in judaism history - on the contrary we see the the example of Jonah in Nineveh or Abgar the King of Edessa.

      It is important to reconsider our lectures in church so as to bring our people to the right sense of Christianism.

      Aniss Ibrahim Sowmy
      Evangelical Deacon
      Sao Paulo - Brasil