Re: Personal attacks on our bishops and priests

  • Mathew Thomas Kannathumuriyil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4 2:56 AM
      With Reference to Rev. Fr. Bobby Thomas's Comment regarding personal attacks on Bishops and Priests followed by the postings by Mr. Eldhose and Mr. Aji Thomas, I would like to mention that if we do not point out anybody's mistake or bad behaviour, they will not improve in their life. They think that they are 100 percent right and carry on with their mistakes which will end up in a bad and critical situation.

      They should take this type of criticism in a healthy and broadminded way. Please do not think that all clergy man are 100 percent right. No one is perfect in this world. I am sure that a sensible person will really admit if anyone point out his mistake. Moreover the moderators in the Social Forum are allowing the members to present their views which will open the eyes of those who have done the mistake or their bad behaviour. If the social forum moderators are acting one sided (supporting only the clergy men) then, there is no use for this forum and please do not suppress them in their job. Leave them alone and give freedom for the members to present their views and criticism through this forum which would help to improve the individual quality of our leaders so that we can form a heavenly community in this world.

      MATHEW THOMAS KANNATHUMURIYIL
      ID NO. 3673
      MUSCAT
      SULTANATE OF OMAN

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Aji Thomas David wrote:

      > Dear All
      >
      > When we debate on a subject on a common platform, both perspectives of the subjects are to be given same space and time for a healthy debate. I think SOCM Forum is doing it up to certain extend.

    • Sajy Thannikkottu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6 9:04 PM
        Though, I am not sure whether I should comment on this topic I am writing my opinion on this topic.

        A year before in a personal communication with H G Yuhanon Mor Meletius of MOSC, I mentioned, probably thirumeni might have a different view than what I have. Thirumeni replied though there can be a different view, I have to respect your view as well.

        It is very common to have different opinions & views when many people gather together. But as a leader one has the obligation to respect everyone's view & opinion. Anyhow, it needs enough guts & sincerity to stand for ones own principle without losing followers.

        Becoming a leader might be easy than sustaining as a leader. Only those who are sincere to their words can sustain as a leader for a true cause. They would be ready to listen to other's view & will decide the right direction after hearing all.

        When one think, someone is above to the criticism, we are going back to the era of monarchy, where none had any freedom of expression.

        regards

        Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
        # 2912