Fr. John of Kronstadt

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
      Pronounce the name of God with deepest reverence, remembering that everything was brought by God from non-existence, into existence, and that everything which exists is maintained in good order solely by His mercy, omnipotence, and wisdom.

      Fr. John of Kronstadt - My Life in Christ
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
        Never despair of God's mercy, no matter what sins you may have been bound through the tempting of the devil, but pray with your whole heart, and with the hope of forgiveness; knock at the door of God’s mercy, and it shall be opened to you. Do not despair, then, what sins you have committed, only repent and confess them with a contrite heart and humble spirit.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 12 6:47 PM
          Christ is Risen! + Truly, He is Risen!

          After the resurrection, our bodies will be spiritual, and not earthly ones, everything earthly will remain upon the earth. Remembering what our future abode will be, Christians, let us, then, gradually detach ourselves from everything earthly. In the resurrection of the dead, men shall be as the angles of God in heaven (Matthew 22:30) - as
          spiritual as they.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 30, 2010
            Live as members of one body, as children of God, in love, harmony, tranquility, and above all in peace, esteeming one another, being indulgent to one another, as the Lord is indulgent to us. Do not be proud, so not envy, do not bear ill-will, do not be slothful in prayers, begin and end the day with fervent prayers to God, and pray for all as yourself, wish well to all as yourself, and the peace that passes all understanding will live in your heart.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 16, 2011
              It is impossible not to praise God when you remember that you were created from nothing, that from the beginning of time you were predestined to eternal blessedness, entirely without cause, due to no merits of your own – when you remembered the grace God has bestowed upon you throughout your life, that you may be saved, and what a countless multitude of sins are forgiven you, and this not once or twice, but time after time.

              Fr. John of Kronstadt
            • Mark Sedrak
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 29, 2011
                The means to confirm and strengthen Christian hope are prayers, especially frequent and sincere prayer, confession of our sins, frequent reading of the Word of God, and above all, frequent communion of the holy and life-giving Sacraments of the Body and Blood of Christ.

                Fr. John of Kronstadt - Spiritual Counsels