Personal attacks our bishops and priests

  • Rev. Fr. Boby Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2009
      Hai friends,

      Our bishops and priests are the leaders for us. May b e they are different qualities and behaviours. But one we understand they are selected by God, choosen by God. So please avoid like these type of actions and comments. Because it is not good for our chuch. If any one want to say about these type of issues please direct to the bishop or priest.

      And also a request to moderators should see that such personal attacks are not published in this forum

      May god bless you

      With love and prayers

      Fr Boby Thomas
    • Aji Thomas David
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
        Dear All

        When we debate on a subject on a common platform, both perspectives of the subjects are to be given same space and time for a healthy debate. I think SOCM Forum is doing it up to certain extend.

        As moderators they have the right to moderate the postings, which both parties must accept and agree with them. Even many of my postings are moderated and published partially or even not seen the light.

        But we should not pressurize them with statements such as "allowing any sort of open discussion is against the law of the Church or against God or our clergy and leaders are above any criticism". As they are the public servants, they must show the boldness to face the criticism from their flocks. Their MASTER never show any sort of uneasiness to the criticism, they are supposed to follow them.

        Let me quote the words of our Koorilose Thirumeni which came on news papers and reproduced by Malankara Syriac Voice
        http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Mar%20Powathil.pdf

        After all, the SOCM Forum is giving our clergy and leaders a chance to see the response from their folks on their actions and statements. And I am sure it will help them to build up much more better leadership quality if they are interested to be good leaders.

        So let the Forum to be open for a healthy discussion on varied subjects and on all the perspectives, but with mutual respect.

        In Christ
        Aji Thomas David
        ID - 4088
      • Mathew Thomas Kannathumuriyil
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
          With Reference to Rev. Fr. Bobby Thomas's Comment regarding personal attacks on Bishops and Priests followed by the postings by Mr. Eldhose and Mr. Aji Thomas, I would like to mention that if we do not point out anybody's mistake or bad behaviour, they will not improve in their life. They think that they are 100 percent right and carry on with their mistakes which will end up in a bad and critical situation.

          They should take this type of criticism in a healthy and broadminded way. Please do not think that all clergy man are 100 percent right. No one is perfect in this world. I am sure that a sensible person will really admit if anyone point out his mistake. Moreover the moderators in the Social Forum are allowing the members to present their views which will open the eyes of those who have done the mistake or their bad behaviour. If the social forum moderators are acting one sided (supporting only the clergy men) then, there is no use for this forum and please do not suppress them in their job. Leave them alone and give freedom for the members to present their views and criticism through this forum which would help to improve the individual quality of our leaders so that we can form a heavenly community in this world.

          MATHEW THOMAS KANNATHUMURIYIL
          ID NO. 3673
          MUSCAT
          SULTANATE OF OMAN

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Aji Thomas David wrote:

          > Dear All
          >
          > When we debate on a subject on a common platform, both perspectives of the subjects are to be given same space and time for a healthy debate. I think SOCM Forum is doing it up to certain extend.

        • Sajy Thannikkottu
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
            Though, I am not sure whether I should comment on this topic I am writing my opinion on this topic.

            A year before in a personal communication with H G Yuhanon Mor Meletius of MOSC, I mentioned, probably thirumeni might have a different view than what I have. Thirumeni replied though there can be a different view, I have to respect your view as well.

            It is very common to have different opinions & views when many people gather together. But as a leader one has the obligation to respect everyone's view & opinion. Anyhow, it needs enough guts & sincerity to stand for ones own principle without losing followers.

            Becoming a leader might be easy than sustaining as a leader. Only those who are sincere to their words can sustain as a leader for a true cause. They would be ready to listen to other's view & will decide the right direction after hearing all.

            When one think, someone is above to the criticism, we are going back to the era of monarchy, where none had any freedom of expression.

            regards

            Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
            # 2912