Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1956 , Jun 29, 2009
      "...the Son of God became man, in order that He might again bestow on man that favour for the sake of which He created him. For He created him after His own image, endowed with intellect and free-will, and after His own likeness, that is to say, perfect in all virtue so far as it is possible for man's nature to attain perfection."

      St. John of Damascus.

      "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" Romans 11:33
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1956 of 1956 , Sep 25 5:49 PM

        "When, then, you make the sign of the cross on the forehead, arm yourself with a saintly boldness, and reinstall your soul in its old liberty; for you are not ignorant that the cross is a prize beyond all price."

        St. John Chrysostom.

        "Praise is awaiting You, O God, in Zion; And to You the vow shall be performed. O You who hear prayer, To You all flesh will come."  Psalm 65:1-2

        The Bible reading for the 16th of Tut, September 26, is:
        13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? 14 So they said, Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets. 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am? 16 Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (Matt. 16:13-19)
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Sanctuaries of the church of Resurrection in Jerusalem.
        The Translocation of the Relics of St. John Chrysostom (of the Golden Mouth).

        The Bible reading for the 17th of Tut, September 27, is: John 10:22-38
        The Feast of the Consecration of the Church of the Honorable Cross.
        Departure of St. Theognosta.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.