Re: CRF

  • Cijoy Varghese
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2009
      Dear all

      One time I was deeply inspired by Pentecostal church & wanted to join them but like a Gods miracle I came in contact with a CRF person who not only invited me to their meeting but also strongly pleaded with me not to move away from our church.

      Since then I have many times attended their meetings they have said nothing against church. One of their leaders is George rtd engineer KSEB who is a member of Kandanad palli son of Kapyar Thomas. Sacralla Mor Baselious center Kandanad head office of Kandanad diocese is situated in a property sold by him to Ivanious Thirumeni when many where not willing. Thirumeni has also acknowledged in a Perunnal speech in Kandanad palli that he is one of his greatest help supporter & donor

      I have heard his speech & wish he should speak more in our church meetings. My request is that church should take a more friendly attitude towards CRF Jesus is using them for some purpose.

      I am a full supporter of BAVA Thirumeni, in his efforts to bring church to lost glory, let Jesus give him long life

      Cijoy
      Allapra church
      4067
    • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
        Recently many of the postings come in the site by criticising and supporting the CRF. As  a preist of the Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church I wish to invite the Moderators attention in this matter. Few months back I saw a mail in SOCM forum send by someone inviting people for attending the Anual convention of CRF in Bangalore. I personaly send a mail questioning the moderators for posting such mail in the forum.

        CRF is the movement by some Laymen who were part of Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church and Indian Orthodox Churches. I personaly know that there are many guys who where the part of CRF are now in pentacostal sects. Many guys who were active participant of CRF who wished to move from CRF by realising the hidden and greedy act of the leaders of CRF  to other pentacostal sects came back to our church after few days personal talk with me in my church at Nedumbassery.

        I wish to point out some false teaching of CRF.

        1. They are the one who publicaly denaying the holy Confession or they wont do the confession.
        2. They make their followers hypocrates. The used to say themselves as holy and as one who were not yet sinned. These people dont want repentance and confession. They consider others who are not part of them are as sinners.
        3. From whom they got the authority to do such things in the church. There are some peoples who purpusfuly avoid the Holy Qurbono and attend the CRF meetings. In our churh there is prayer groups and fellowships but they are not at all part of it and not intrested in it.

        The SOCM moderators please be vigilent of such group which are banned by the Holy Synod of the church.
        I am not sure wether you will approve this mail or not.

        One thing is to be noticed in this time. Such groups can provide actualy what the traditional church cannot provide to its followers. I mean the fellowship aspect in effect. The members of such groups and sects are more close to each other and are willing to support them in financialy, physicaly and and mentaly. The memebers of the traditional churches has to look this dimention of human needs and its fulfillment.

        Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
      • Paul Joshy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
          *Dear All,*

          My humble request and advice to all that as a Jacobite we must detach from CRF. I belong to the same area where the CRF nourished and flourished and the same Prof. MY Yohannan was my teacher during my graduation at St. Peters College Kolenchery, and many of my friends and family relatives are very active with CRF. But what they preach are totally unacceptable for an established church like SOC. They never tell people to avoid going to church but tell them that attending Holy Qurbana is a futile exercise. They tell �we are the son of god so human being does not need a mediator-priest, bishop, catholicose, Patriarch- to tell our needs before God�. But years back one old jacobite priest said at the qurbana timing that �if you�re a SOC member you need not go to CRF to praise God by elling �Sthotram�. SOC Qurbana is a cherished and traditional one and always prays the Lord by different words through hymns and proverbs. If one attends Qurbana genuinely that is enough for praising God�. Five years back CRF organised a big prayer meeting on the same day and same timing of Good Friday at St. Peters Senior Secondary School ground at Kadayirippu, Kolenchery(I think they continue the same nowadays also). How can a true Christian attending CRF while most of the people are participating the Holy Service at different churches to emulate Jesus Christ�s sorrows and sufferings. And now a days CRF is expanding to other areas like a true multinational company expands its market to barren and underdeveloped areas with mind-blowing offers and discounts. CRF is now a money making machine for the organisers and stake holders so a true Jacobite should always keep a distance from them even though they heal some of your sufferings, not all.

          J M. Paul