Malankara Archdiocesan Family Conference - 2009

  • Rev. Fr. Varghese P. Manikat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      Dear Fellow Members,

      The Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church is organizing its 24th Annual Convention and Family Conference at University of Pittsburgh Johns town Campus at Pennsylvania from July 2 through July 5, 2009.

      The Theme for this Year's Conference is "Let us not be weary in doing Good" (Galatians 6:9).

      The Chief Guest for this Year is our most loved and beloved Catholicose His Beatitude Mor Baselios Thomas I. The Guest of Honor will be His Eminence Mor Silvanos Ayoub of the Kananaya Archdiocese. Rev. Dn. Benny John Chirayil will be the keynote speaker along with Rev. Fr. Jacob Joseph. Speakers like Dr. Mathew Varghese, Mr. Abraham Mathew, Dr. Susan Jacob, Mrs. Betsy Thotakat and others will make this Conference inspiring and beneficial.

      Colorful Heritage Procession will be a hallmark of this Year's Conference. St. Mary's Women's league, St. Paul's Fellowship, MGSOSA, Sunday School Association, Association for the protection of Antiochean True Faith are all up and ready with a variety of program and various activities. Vacation Bible School and colorful presentations by the Children has become an integral part of the Conference. The youth is putting up interesting program both indoor and outdoor including sports competitions and other interesting activities.

      On behalf of the Archdiocese and the Convention Committee, I have the great honor to invite each and every one of you to this Year's Conference. Don't think that you are late in making a decision to attend. You still have time. By a special arrangement with the Facility management we have arranged for last minute registrations too. Come, enjoy and make use of this great opportunity. Let us all work together, pray together and enjoy together so that His name will be glorified for ever.

      With prayerful regards,

      Fr. Varghese P. Manikat
      Archdiocesan Secretary