SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 12

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 12

      The saintly Valia Thriumeni breathed his last at 3.55 AM on 25th
      January 1953 and was entombed in the Alwaye seminary church at the
      place he pointed out earlier.

      The Roaring Lion of Malankara

      Mor Michael Dionysius Metrapolitan since his consecration in 1927, up
      to his expiry in 1956 had without rest worked for the glory of the
      church and of the Holy Throne through his fiery speeches, substantial
      sermons and by founding many a new church in the 4 southern dioceses.
      He was inflexible, invincible and unselfish to the core. During the
      Alwaye round Table conference when certain metran kakshi bishops
      tried to allure him, his stern words were " Don't offer to speak to
      me. From the time I have been consecrated, I have taken for myself,
      four things – Torn dress, Torn mattress, bran bread and pure water! I
      am satisfied with these. I don't aspire for aramanas (palaces). The
      metran kakshi bishops were struck dumb!

      Mor Dionysius Michael passed away on 18th January 1956 and was
      entombed in the St Mary's Pansmpady Church close to the tomb of the
      late Mor Paulose Coorilos Metrapolitan.
    • Dipu George
      Message 100 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002
[...]

        PART 14

        The Supreme Court judgment of 1958

        In spite of unselfish services rendered by Dr P T Thomas and Adv K P
        Abraham and P P John the Catholicos could win the suit on " certain
        legal points". In spite of this adverse decision the prelates and
        the faithful worked with determination for the perpetuation of their
        Holy Faith.

        But "peace at any cost " became the slogan of some influential
        quarters. The following pages will show whether it was for the better
        or for the bitter.

        The Union of 1958

        In His memorable Patriarchal Bull of 9th December 1958 His Holiness
        after elaborating the advantages of union and peace ends the Kalpana
        with the words that "We are pleased to accept Mar Baselios
        Geevarghese as Catholicos for the sake of peace in the Malankara
        Church".

        This magnanimous gesture from the Holy Father was lauded by the whole
        Christendom but the partisans of the Catholicos found it as a
        submission of the Patriarch in the wake of the adverse judgment of
        the Supreme Court. This is totally incorrect. It has already been
        cited earlier that in His first Patriarchal Kalpana to the Malankara
        Church dated 11th November, the Holy Father had clearly expressed His
        prime desire for peace and that too it was at a time when the High
        Court of Kerala had "DECIDED IN FAVOUR OF THE PATRIARCH'S PARTY".