Holy Apostle's Fast begins today (26 June - 29 June)

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      Dear All

      On June 29, we celebrate the feasts of Saints Peter and Paul, two men whose dedication to the formation and sustenance of Christianity in the first century AD made them true pillars of the Church.

      Both men were chosen by Christ to minister to the world and both were given new names to mark their new life in Christ. They both embraced their martyrdom in Rome circa 67 AD.

      On June 30 we also celebrate the Holy Apostles whose ministry to all ends of the known world spread the message of God's Word further. (The Fast of the Holy Apostles Peter & Paul begins today -Friday 26 June-. It requires the same preparation as any Lenten period.) Their resolve, commitment and enthusiasm gave our Church life and firm ground.

      We should look to them for inspiration as we work towards the support and growth of our Church.

      Let their prayers bring peace in Malankara

      In Our Lords Love
      Forum Moderators