SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 11

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      -------------------
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 11

      Mar Paulose Athanasius, Malankara Metrapolitan (Valia Thirumeni)

      His election was approved by Moran Patriarch. When his original suit
      was dismissed with costs the Saintly Metrapolitan said to his
      servant " We have no fund for an appeal case and as for the costs;
      they would remand me to jail!!, You should come with me. Forget not
      to take the prayer books and the Psalm. And again at his success in
      the High Court when this writer (Kanyamparambil Achen) congratulated
      him, he said, "Take and read Psalm124 (a thanksgiving psalm) … All
      the while his eyes were full of tears. This was the person, Mar
      Athanasius, The Valia Thirumeni.

      As the conduct of the cases in various courts fell upon Valia
      Thirumeni, he could not find time for other activities – a fact that
      the saint recollected with sorrow.

      In his Kalpana of 7 Dhanu, 1947, he admonishes, "We must continue
      our efforts to preserve our age old loyalty to the Apostolic Throne
      of Antioch … If not, the consequences are serious. Our own churches
      built by us would become study centers of heresy ……….We would have to
      receive the holy sacraments from the hands of schismatics and lose
      forever Valid Ordinations. Our beloved ones… We approached the court
      only for having the assistance of civil law, that we may be saved
      from the above consequences and to preserve our Holy Faith".

      Note: the present metran kakshi Catholicos of Devalokam namely
      Mathews2 was excommunicated by the Holy Patriarch (Patriarchal
      Kalpana no 361-367 of 21st August 1975) along with the other metran
      kakshi bishops of his time!!.
      At present Mor Nicholavos, Mor Militeus, and Thomas Mor Athanasius of
      the Syrian Orthodox Church in Malankara were also excommunicated.
      For the faithful who strictly believe in the true Orthodox Faith,
      Bible and Church traditions, this issue has to be treated with most
      serious nature.
      Even Vattasseril Mor Dionysius respected his excommunication by wearing
      only yellow robes during the period!
      The fact that the metran kakshis even consecrated their own Mooron by
      these excommunicated bishops is also terribly disturbing.
      The extent of requesting re baptism of any metran kakshi member
      during his/ her entry into the Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church
      either through marriage or self means would be an extreme option
      which till present have been wisely solved by pretending ignorance!!!
      This attitude of the metran kakshis by treating their
      excommunications with impunity will have serious ramifications in the
      future. Even the metran kakshi Qurbana have become a farce because
      reciting a mistake and a lie (of Mathews2 in the Diaphthooko) makes
      the whole mass service irrelevant!

      Note: I hope that if at all any metran kakshi bishop in this forum
      would kindly respond to this serious matter. Let me continue ……
      Page199
    • Dipu George
      Message 100 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002
[...]

        PART 14

        The Supreme Court judgment of 1958

        In spite of unselfish services rendered by Dr P T Thomas and Adv K P
        Abraham and P P John the Catholicos could win the suit on " certain
        legal points". In spite of this adverse decision the prelates and
        the faithful worked with determination for the perpetuation of their
        Holy Faith.

        But "peace at any cost " became the slogan of some influential
        quarters. The following pages will show whether it was for the better
        or for the bitter.

        The Union of 1958

        In His memorable Patriarchal Bull of 9th December 1958 His Holiness
        after elaborating the advantages of union and peace ends the Kalpana
        with the words that "We are pleased to accept Mar Baselios
        Geevarghese as Catholicos for the sake of peace in the Malankara
        Church".

        This magnanimous gesture from the Holy Father was lauded by the whole
        Christendom but the partisans of the Catholicos found it as a
        submission of the Patriarch in the wake of the adverse judgment of
        the Supreme Court. This is totally incorrect. It has already been
        cited earlier that in His first Patriarchal Kalpana to the Malankara
        Church dated 11th November, the Holy Father had clearly expressed His
        prime desire for peace and that too it was at a time when the High
        Court of Kerala had "DECIDED IN FAVOUR OF THE PATRIARCH'S PARTY".